Skip to main content

Re: Doing Alright.

Hi @tyme , @Shaz51 and @Ainjoule 

Apologies for the late response. How are we going? Anything new happening?

Good to hear from you @JPEG1998 . Not much happening on my side. What about you?

Hey @JPEG1998 

I think since last time I spoke to you that I started studying...I am doing Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work so that is cool. It's very intensive but good. Like you I am doing a few volunteer jobs so that is cool too. What kind of volunteer work are you doing? 

Hi, I like that you are aspiring to continue studies. I believe investment in oneself is something no one can take away and we can bridge the gaps between who we are and who we aim to be with knowledge, travel and love. There are so many schools out there to discover. Steiner schools. Independent Schools of all sorts. I’m sure there would be a school idea to help you finish your senior. I only completed year 8 however, when I was 38 I went to TAFE, then uni. But I couldn’t study what I really wanted to do which was within the science field because I didn’t have math and science foundations from school. If you can complete school, a greater would have choice will await you than I could garner. Please do try to explore some alternative options for your senior. Even home schooling could be possible? Not sure as I said, didn’t finish senior myself, but wish I did. These days there are more options than back in my day, open schools, independent schools, Montessori schools - Google these and explore your options. May you find something that ignites your interest and go forth in a new chapter of life that brings happiness beyond your wildest dreams.    

Hello and hugs @JPEG1998 , @Ainjoule , @tyme 

Hello @Harmonium , just a little tip to put a @ in front of members names so they can receive your message xx 

Hey @tyme,

I've decided to give journalling a proper crack! It feels great to get everything all out on to a Word document. 

Hey @Ainjoule ,

Oh wow! That is amazing stuff! Best of luck with your studies. I am currently volunteering with cats, at an op shop, and with children (at mum's work). So I am always busy, but always tired! What kind of volunteer work are you doing?

Hey @Harmonium ,

Thank You so much! Hopefully I'll get the NDIS and they could therefore help me get my Year 12 somehow. 

@Shaz51 ,

How are you going? Hugs x

Hey @JPEG1998 I just read an article about Big Picture Australia Schools. They help people complete their seniors with a student led approach. Looks good! There are a few around and I wonder if there is one near you.