Skip to main content

Re: Topic Tuesday // Stigma// Tues 14 May, 7pm AEST

Hi @Former-Member  and thanks for being here 😊

This is a very timely topic for me.

Hi @Jonty8 - thanks for joining us tonight!

Hey @Jonty8 

Hi @Former-Member @Former-Member 

Hi @Former-Member 

I am interested in the upcoming discussion - aware that this is specifically for people with Mental Illness and Emotional Discomfort 

I have a specific interest myself as I take strong medication for chronic pain and this has stigma attached too - dealing with stigma in allied areas will be helpful for me - 

Various members of the medical profession - they all have opinions into the effects of such medication which is hard to endure at times - like to express their opinions - 

Luckily my GP is very supportive

Dec

Thanks to everyone for coming through and letting us know what brought you here and thanks @Former-Member for telling us about the program! Lets kick off with the first discussion area, I am going to split the questions for something a bit different- one for the community and one for StigmaWatch! 

Question for the community: Without going into specifics of a story, how have you felt when you have seen or heard stigmatising reporting in the media?

Question for @Former-Member : in the work that you do, what do you advise the media on to ensure they report on mental illness and suicide safely and responsibly?

Hello @Owlunar 🙂

@Former-Member  Angry frustrated and sad. 

hi @Owlunar - welcome! Great to have you join us. This topic can definiately be applied to many different experiences such as medicatio. Will be great to explore as we go through tonight @Owlunar