Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Queenie
Community Elder

Not going so well

It has been decided that I go into hospital on Monday due to my illness relapsing. I think it's a culmination of stress and anxiety which has led to this. I also had a recurrence of some of my psychotic symptoms (voices) giving me some not so nice commands (to harm myself not others don't worry). I'm okay though, I'm being looked after by my amazing gf, who is really upset at me relapsing (she's sad not angry at me although I often misread emotions and get the wrong idea that she's pissed at me for some reason). Hopefully with a tweak of meds and some therapy, I'll have my mojo back soon. Here's hoping. 

9 REPLIES 9
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Not going so well

Hi @Queenie

I'm glad that something is happening for you to get better. Hopefully the hospital stay will be beneficial and as you say, you'll get some mojo back. It sounds as though you're hopeful that this will be helpful. I'm glad that you have your gf to look after you as well. 

good luck

lj

Thanks @Former-Member. I'm hoping this will be a relatively short admission (about a week) rather than the three months I spent in hospital at the beginning of the year. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Fingers crossed it will be a shorter stay. I spent a month in hospital last year. Its not the 'best' place to be but good place if you need it. I hope that some small adjustments to meds will help. 

LJ

Hi @Queenie and @Former-Member,

@Queenie sorry to hear that you havent been feeling too well recently.  I'm glad to hear that you are receiving support from both professionals and your girlfriend, it sounds like she is doing a great job at being there for you.

Having command voices must be difficult to ignore.  How have you been coping with this?

I too am hoping that the stay in hospital, any changes in meds and therapy will help you get your mojo back Smiley Happy

@Former-Member thanks. It is thought that a recent increase in one of my medications has caused this relapse, but unfortunately, at the time, there wasn't much choice but to increase it. Now the powers that be are thinking perhaps another class of medication entirely might be more helpful. Still an antipsychotic, but not one which is likely to interact so badly with me. 

The doc also wants me to work on my early warning signs and identify these with a hope to stop episodes of relapse in the before it intensifies into an admission. 

Hi @Rockpool. My pdoc has been really great in this. He even said he was worried I was taking on too much too soon and all at once (he has a point I suppose). 

My gf has been my rock in unsteady seas of late. She is upset because she is worried about me, especially when I confessed to her about my voices' commands. We have an understanding if things escalate over the weekend, I can call the hospital and request admission earlier. I love her to bits!

I'm hoping my mojo returns soon (channelling Austin Powers there!)

Your doctor definitely sounds like he is onto it with the suggestion of the medication change, learning the early warning signs and taking on too much.  It's great that you have a doctor like this. 

Yes she sounds like your rock and understandable that she is worried about you, just a sign that she cares for you and wants good things for you Smiley Happy That sounds like a good plan if thigs do escalate over the weekend...some good forward planning there!

Haha I'm hoping for your mojo too. Yeah baby haha

Former-Member
Not applicable

Wishing you the best for hospital. (And that those pesky voices shut up for a while!)

Thank you @Former-Member. I'm hoping it is beneficial for me. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance