Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Another year done, so what's next?

Hear Hear @lisajane !! Good days are a happening for you babe!!

(Hear Hear that Tony Abbott not coming on the front bench too !!)

Agree agree with @Karma @CherryBomb and @Jacques !! But @Maritza has a good piont of keeping it simple......

Im just happy of me that I chose to get back with @LittleBuddha

That Im reading a book Called 'A Little Life,' by Hanya Anagihara. So many examples  compassion in sad situations..........

Arlo is better from all his illnesses from the begginging of this year.

Im working more and more.

Lost 25 k in about 18 months.

REally liked @Acacia message..........

@CherryBomb - that is awesome that you did one year of regular yoga practice. I've been sporadic with my yoga practice for years now! I did some regular yoga at the start of the year & then that yoga instructor took a long break + I became even more unwell etc. Have really enjoyed my regular yoga practice for the last 3 months apx! A few pilates classes thrown in & I was finally brave enough to try hot yoga, which is a great workout! Looking forward to hot yoga on Tuesdays & vinyasa yoga on Fridays in 2016! Will have to remember you are a fellow YOGI Smiley LOL I brought a yoga magazine & I've been reading about the moral disciplines & personal ethics that yoga practice promotes! 

@Former-Member I'm glad you got through a very difficult year & 2016 is looking like a much better one for you! I hope you ease back into working & enjoy it - make friends & get finaces back in order. (By the way I loved what you wrote in night shift about how you choose what to give your children for xmas!) 

@Mazarita good idea to keep it simple! But I think you could be looking forward to more beach walks & even some tai chi Smiley Wink

@Jacques glad you have a good friend here & all of us to give you a lifeline! You are valued!! 

@PeppiPatty well done on the weight loss & glad Arlo's health has improved!

@Acacia it must be wonderful to have a homely home!! One of my dreams!! 

Wow @Former-Member, what a year! 

Moving from the city to the country is huge. I love the country but I find it hard to live there. I think I need the ease of access of the city. From what you’ve said, you’re doing well with connecting into the things you enjoy, like yoga. 

It also sounds like you’ve really taken charge of your mental health and have trusted yourself enough to let your psychiatrist know what works for you. I think that takes a certain kind of strength - well done!

I’m glad to hear things are going well for you and your partner. I don’t think you can be with someone for twelve years without a few rocky times. I’m sure your trip around Australia will be amazing. I once bought an old school bus with a group of friends and we drove up the East Coast. It was fun, but six girls sleeping in a 20-seater Toyota Coaster does leave you wanting some space at times. Just you and your partner sounds far more relaxing… 

Do you have some particular destinations in mind? I would love to go to Cape York or the Kimberleys.

I hope to complete a course at Tafe in fine arts.

Congratulations @PeppiPatty! It can be so hard to get back to a healthy weight, but I think you always feel better if you exercise and eat healthy food.

I like the idea of keeping it simple too @Mazarita. And how nice to be hoping for more of the same - that's a pretty good place to be.

I like to have goals, but I like to be able to measure success as being closer to the goal than when I started, rather than actually reaching the goal. What does everyone else think of new years' resolutions?

Hi @Acacia. When I say 'more of the same', I mean especially the good things I mentioned (@Former-Member, I definitely meant more beach walks!). There are many other things I would like to change over time. But I so agree with you about success being when you get closer to a goal rather than when you reach it. I think goals are useful mainly to give us something to reach for, so as to keep moving forward in a positive direction in life.

Thanks @Acacia...

Yes, it is an old school bus also - Nissan. Partner was a mechanic/electrical engineer for over ten years with Mercedes Benz & then worked as a diesel mechanic where he got RSI in his wrist from a faulty drill. He has had two unsuccessful operations. He can still fix & make things - he just can't do it fast (as per what would be required in a job). At the moment he is my carer, but before that he was working in IT (even though he doesn't have any IT qualifications!) He became my carer to help me reduce my medication, as I have been very heavily medicated for years - which equates to too many side effects....

Yes, the Kimberleys is on the list! My partner worked there on a cattle station years ago & has always told me how beautiful it is. I just really want to go to all the beaches around Australia. I love the beach. I usually feel ALIVE at the beach (unless I'm very, very unwell) - it is a unique feeling I get at the beach! I would also love to go to the Butterfly House in Melbourne. 

*fingers crossed*

I think people often make unrealistic & cliche new years resolutions. I haven't made them for years. I just have hopes for the new year.... 

Sorry if I misunderstood @Mazarita. Wishing you all the best for the things you'd like to change.

Your partner sounds very skillful @Former-Member. 

Goodnight everyone! I'm off to dream about beaches and roadtrips.

Hello all Smiley Very Happy

Wow, it is so fabulous and inspiring to hear how all of you have risen to so many challenges this year and have such positive visions of continued growth in 2016!

While I'm aware of what many of you have faced at different times this year, I think it's wonderful to have the opportunity to reflect on the year as a whole, to appreciate just how far we've come - great idea @CherryBomb!

I saw this thread yesterday morning and wrote a list of changes in my life in the last year - turns out there were quite a few significant ones! Highlights include buying my first home, finding a job in the field I am passionate about, and becoming a more confident and compassionate version of myself. Made me feel very happy and proud to realise how much I've grown.

Next year: More of the same! That is, continued personal and professional development Smiley Happy

I'm with you, @Mazarita - I believe it's all about having a positive direction in life. Having goals, but feeling fulfilled along the journey.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance