Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Night Shift

@Former-Member What a nasty person he must be.  And how hard on you the situation is. Since I met you in this forum I've had the impression that you are doing so much to prove you are on the right track and doing all your children need and more.  Everyone is allowed to have a past (him using your childhood against you in court).  What matters to the court is what you are doing and how you are now.  Stay strong and when you don't feel strong be kind to yourself.

I have to go and try to get a little more sleep before the family starts the day.  Hang in there @Former-Member.  Sending you confidence and peace.

I'm back @Former-Member.  Still couldn't sleep and have given up trying.  Even if you have those diagnoses of MH problems I don't think they are enough to make you lose custody.  You are mothering 2 and holding down a responsible job.  Lots of people can't do both those things.

Hi @Former-Member,

I just want to stop i nand say hi, i know how hard things are for you at the moment, i have read every message and my heart goes out to you. 

You are never alone, so many people on this forum think you are wonderful, me included 🙂 

I read about what your ex is saying, i am going to say a few things, i hope you don't mind, i have had a family member go through the same thing as you, almost identical.

Your ex is using your past against you because he has nothing else, he knows what he is, a monster, he may have no consience but he still remembers what he did to you.

He has lost control and is trying to gain control anyway he can. 

Don't let him win @Former-Member, he is a weak, pathetic little man, you are so much stronger than him, you past should not affect you as so many women come from broken homes and still become excellent mothers, the fact you have a job, a house and care for the children's every need shows you are an awesome mum, i know how self-doubt works, so read what others say and weigh up in your head if the thoughts are right or the forumites are right 🙂

You are a wonderful amazing woman and mother @Former-Member, take one day at a time, focus on the children and the here and now, focusing on what might be is not helpful, the future will come around soon enough so just enjoy today.

hugs, be safe, you are in my thoughts always.

Jacques

Hi @JoseJones

I thought for the last two days that you are a contributer like me and @Former-Member and @eth everyone @AppleblossomBut your a moderator..........

EVeryone knows that things are ferel here in WEstern Australia for me but;

things are getting better. I can see The window with clear sky up there that sometimes I tell @Former-Member about.........

It's so hard for so many people here in Australia. I'm wondering if NCIS is going to come out properly in Australia and just get people to be listened to  properly .....

Jeepers all these agencies can be so badly abused.......

Yesterday, Silver chain came out to see me......I'm so positively overwhelmed how much help I am getting from them. The head manager of my area and my support lady turned up to sort out my care for the weeks. 

I was absolutely exhausted and asleep....my hub. opened the door and told them that I was sleeping and had a bad headache.....but I felt so.....cared for....

I might start writing back on my thread support for Forum formites again to work out how we can all get more daily support........

Hi @PeppiPatty

I think I had better order one for myself - Susan Howatch wrote another book similar to Penmaric called Cashelmara - I did not like this one as much - but you might - so you might like to have a look at that one too

Decadian

And thanks for telling me about those books by Ken Follett - I will have to check to see if my local library can get some of these

Aw @Former-Member

Does the court believe that man when he claims you are too unstable to care for the kids?

Because whatever he says - the court looks at you and how you are rather than listen to what he says

I have every opinion that you are a good mother - it shows in your writing - believe me

I agree - he is a nasty man -

Decadian

Dear @Former-Member

I've been attracting nasty men to me all my life. 

You can learn from;

others

stories  

books

Stand tall lady..you are strong and kind and caring and beautiful. 

Remember the stalker @Former-Member when you first met me and I had just left my husband ; I had a huge ........collapse; I had a fling with someone and couldnt get rid of him for over 18 months......

stagnent learning curve....

Lj....not much longer now 

PP

insomnia.. in som ni arrgh

Hi everyone,

Back from a few weeks down south with no forum contact. I missed friends here: @PeppiPatty@Appleblossom@eth@Jacques, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, to name just a few. Looking forward to hearing how you are after this few weeks that seemed much longer to me.

The trip south went well and I feel much more positive than I did when I left. The highlight was staying with Mum, which I was very anxious about before going. Instead of the tension, bickering and possibly catastrophic blowups I was scared of, our time together was very bonding, with lots of hugs and 'I love yous' exchanged throughout. I'm so grateful it turned out like this. Despite high social anxiety at times, I met up with about 25 people: some old friends, some family, some I hadn't met before. The other news is that I've now been 'green-free' since my final quit date three weeks ago and haven't touched it since I arrived home a couple of days ago. Long may this goodness continue!

Welcome to newer members who have arrived in this discussion thread in my absence. I notice that some people I have previously met on Blueboard are now at SANE. So here's a special welcome to everyone arriving from there, including @Silenus@BlueBells, @GonePirate, who I interracted with at Blueboard as 'Beachwalker'. Please feel very free to join in on this 'Night Shift' thread as you wish. It started as a place for night owls and has morphed into a 24 hour drop-in spot to chat about anything at all. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance