Skip to main content

Re: Riding a wave

@Zoe7 I feel super sad and frustrated for you, that your GP and psychiatrist haven't been able to get your sleep issues under control. I remind myself that everyone is different and just because particular medications work super well for me, doesn't mean they will work for others. I super wish your treatment team could figure out this bit of your puzzle for you though, Zoe. 

Another week to wait to see pdoc @Phoenix_Rising - we couldn't increase one of my meds anymore over the christmas/new year break as there was no-one to monitor for side effects - so next week it is Smiley Frustrated

It SUPER sucks for you @Zoe7. I super wish I could wave a wand and make you as responsive to medication as I am. The mega med helps me fall asleep and gives me a few really solid hours. I am currently still waking up somewhere between 2am and 4am, but I feel ok - I think because the sleep that I do get is very deep. I can't imagine how awful it must be to struggle with sleep in the way that you do. Smiley Sad

My biggest issue is actually falling asleep @Phoenix_Rising - the fears around sleep manifest themselves in various different ways - and are certainly worse when triggered. Those are the nights like last night when I don't sleep at all. We are still working on 'the getting to sleep part' and I fear that it is going to be a long road still Smiley Sad

I super wish they could find a medication that helps you fall asleep @Zoe7. I can see that I must just be very blessed in that medications that are designed to put people to sleep, put me to sleep. It super sucks that none of those medications seem to be working for you. Smiley Sad

I think my medication changes now equal your therapist changes @Phoenix_Rising (I really want to put a lol here because it is so ridiculous for both of us that laughing is all I have left after all the tears!)

These ones seem to have had less side effects so far and I am generally less tired throughout the day - but the days and nights are still polar opposites Smiley Frustrated

Well if you count up your medication changes @Zoe7, you could refer to the next one as MT-whatever-number-it-is. Smiley LOL

I'm glad you are getting less side effects and feeling less tired during the day. I super hope this is a sign that things are heading in the right direction. 

That would be MT13 (I think - argh) @Phoenix_RisingSmiley Sad

Look what I did to @NikNik lol...

Summer NikNik.png

Former-Member
Not applicable

Haha @Zoe7 Love it, @NikNik looks super cool and her head doesn't look as big!! Also covers up her odd shaped eyes!!Smiley Very Happy

I thought it was pretty cool @Former-Member - and she is well covered up to protect her from the sun - need to protect our NikNik Smiley Tongue