Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Changing meds

Be gentle with yourself @WIP . Starting any job is hard at first. Give yourself the time you deserve. I think you are so brave in being able to take up full time after not working for three years! It’s a great achievement. 

And if there are things you are not sure of, reach out and ask. 

I find starting out on new job difficult too. I have a build up of anxiety but find that it tends to get easier after about 3 weeks. And as a new person, be prepared to make mistakes. I know I have - and I’ve made sure I don’t repeat those mistakes!

Maybe you can take Levi for a quick walk in the sunshine! It’ll help your body produce some endorphins so you feel better.

Ive had a busy but great week. I’ve got so many big projects up my sleeve. It’s so exciting. 

What are some things you like to do as part of relaxing of self care?

Hey @WIP , how’s your week been?

Hi @BPDSurvivor How are you going?

My week has been pretty stressful so far. I’m struggling to settle back into working FT after being out of the workforce for 3 years. I’ve forgotten so much when in comes to computer applications & systems - I’ve got so much to relearn! My manager has noticed that I’m pretty slow in picking things up, or remembering them more so. Having anxiety, my memory isn’t that good these days and the past week and a half has been information overload. Plus WFH 100% of the time is challenging. Today was the first day that I actually took a break and went for a walk in the sunshine - Levi loved it.

I have to learn to crawl before I can walk, and then run when it comes to being productive at work. I also need to be more gentle on myself and build my confidence up somehow. I’m still not 100% well, so taking this step getting a job is a BIG step. 

What self care works best for you?

Hey @WIP ,

Great to see you online 🙂 Work sure does sound hectic! Be gentle with yourself. As you said, you haven't been in the workforce for 3 years! To me, it seems astonishing that you've launched into the deep and picked up full time work.

I hope you find space to be patient with yourself. You deserve it. 

I'm so happy you found some time to go for a walk today.

The sunshine was lovely on my side today, too!

tyme

Hello and hugs @WIP , @BPDSurvivor , @NatureLover , @outlander @tyme ❤❤

Hello my dear @WIP - you are making progress in leaps and bounds! I am so incredibly proud of you that you are taking measured risks in order to better yourself. I admire you for being so strong! You encourage me so much!

And going out for a walk is such a great idea. I’m sure Levi was happy as a lark! It also helps relieve stress and gives you more energy.

When your pay check comes, you’ll probably smile and say it’s worth it. These are teething issues.

My self care includes having structure, going on these forums to hang out with awesome people like you, going to the beach, dining out, reading, spending time with kids…, there’s a long list. But what works one day may not work another. Hence I have a long list to choose from.

Super big hugs to you!

Another week down. How had it been for you @WIP ?

I’m thinking of you.

Hi @BPDSurvivor How are you lovely?  Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging messages.  It was so nice to see a note from you when I logged in.....bought a smile to my face.

It's 3 weeks down being back at work.  My goodness that time has flown.  I still do pinch & question myself that I'm actually working and coping with it reasonably 'ok'.  I'm still not sleeping soundly, as I dream about work and wake up very early in the morning (subconscious worry and anxiety). But, that at least gives me time to not rush getting ready and able to log on a bit early if I want to.  I am mentally exhausted by Friday afternoon though.  Physically sore too, as my back and neck ache being at a computer all day again.

This past week has probably been the best so far, as my knowledge around the systems is expanding and I'm sort of starting to get into the groove of it.  I'm not completely there, but things are starting to gel together.  The real test will be the coming weeks, as it's going to get super busy leading into end of quarter. Lots of sales orders to chase and purchase orders to process.  

I get paid towards the end of this week, so that'll be an exciting milestone. I've already spent money that I don't have yet though 😉   A bad habit of mine.  Oh well, after such a long time not earning my own money and having to be very frugal, I figure I'm aloud to shout myself a gift or two (there's a bit of self care).

What's new with you?  Do you still get to see your niece/nephews regularly.  I hope so.  There's something about being around young children that just 'soothes the soul' a bit.  Well, that's how I feel when I'm in contact with mine.  My little niece has discovered FB Messenger and sends little notes now and then - and we have a brief conversation. That's always peps me up.

Keep in touch, I really enjoy hearing from you.

Big hugs, WIP & Levi 

Hello Hello @WIP  and Levi!

Thank you for your beautiful message! Likewise, your message also put a smile on my face.

I am soooooo incredibly proud of you! Seeing you grow wings and fly is astonishing. I remember all those 'dark' evenings, particularly when once you were so low that all I asked was for you to hold on. And your reply was, "I've fallen off the perch". It's something I'll never forget because in my mind, I saw a rainbow parrot perched up for a while, but then falling off. Hence, I've said your wings have now grown strong enough for you to fly off.

Imagine if I told you a few years ago that you would be working full time - and getting paid for it! You would've probably laughed (cried) in my face! Yet that rainbow work-in-progress never failed us.

If I could, I'd wrap my arms around you and give you an incredibly tight hug. 

Also, Levi must have grown now. Has he matured at all? 

As with seeing my nieces and nephews, I see them about twice a week. I do love seeing them sooooo much! They bring so much joy to me. They learn too much, too fast. I can barely keep up. 

I'm on school holidays next week, so I'll definitely spend some time with them. I went camping with them last holidays. But these holidays, we are not going anywhere because they will be moving house soon and will need help packing. 

Hopefully I can also fit in some exercise during the school holidays. I really need to get back in to an exercise routine - I've really slackened during winter. That's why I love daylight savings!

Anyway, enough from me now. When you get your pay, spoil yourself because you deserve it!

Hhhhhuuuuugggggssssss.

Hello my dear @WIP , how are you?

How’s work going for you?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance