Skip to main content

Re: Welcome To The Conversation

Thank you for the link, @TAB. I hope you're keeping well enough to stay happy.😊

U r welcome @StuF post as U want & thx for giving me the info.

Thankyou for your support

Nice start, @StanD. I love the poem and the photographs. I hope your weekend has been good.

I love your post too @Appleblossom thankyou for supporting me & being a part of it all. 

Thankyou @TAB you are always consistent, (roomie) happy you are part of things.

I'm interested in the Bible links. I'm not religious either. Not in traditional sense. I value having broad scope. Thanks heaps for supporting me.

Thanks too @SmilingGecko I am happy you are here, in however suits you.

I'm definately on a Sunday church high. Hymns & stories Entirely out of my comfort zone. I'm not sure about organised religion. I felt a need to be amongst people. I had many different emotions. Good & difficult. I'm not sure about myself in social situations. All I can say for now, is that many people welcomed me & made me feel it was ok for me to be there.

Far beyond these things 

Hey @Historylover sunny in Melbourne today🌞. Depression when I wrote the poem. Thanks for your support & feedback.

Hello @Shaz51 thankyou for saying hey. I'm happy you are here.

Wow - I think I've replied to all. What have I started:face_with_rolling_eyes:?!

Yep, ok. Thankyou & a nap for me very soon

💕 

.so you went to church @StanD  (roomie) ? .. beat me, thought of doing it a dozen times over last 6 years maybe...

Hello @StanD. @TAB , @Historylover , @Appleblossom , @SmilingGecko xx

Hey @Appleblossom , one big family here ❤️ 

Same @TAB I am not a church person. Possibly the most personally uplifting moment. Was it cause I finally made it? Was it that the ppl & atmosphere felt non threatening .. ? Was I craving theosophical answers? Or maybe God was there? And maybe it was my imagination ? 

Actually, without ANY disrespect intended - their is a reverend on the show The Middle, it was vaguely like that. Not heavy & strict. So that was good for me.

I felt a different sense of fullness after it. 

People were there to mingle etc. Main vibe was people were there for themselves. There were little kids running around. The people that I spoke with seemed kind. And I was self conscious. I know I made social faux pars (I think that's right) and I'm ruminating now about how silly I am. 

Ah well.

Look for Contemporary service.

P.S I think church can be anywhere. Like Apple said, these forums are like a church. 

I can't explain why actual church gave me different fulfillment. I was not anticipating.

20230709_115415.jpg

  

@TAB 

yes, I would walk past noticeboards again and again thinking oh the contemporary one sounds better @StanD   ..

@StanD  Glad you felt renewed and connected.

re social faux pas ... I have been plenty awkward and made mistakes, there was a hiccup last week for me ... and I felt upset and flustered, but this week was very good, The issue is resolving satifactorily and I am learning not to let others bother me so much. Learning to tolerate little blips. We all want to be liked, but stuff happens.  Today there was a shock announcement about changes coming up ... so nothing set in stone .... even in the stone buildings.  

Do what you need to do.  Listen and take on what works for a sense of wholeness.