Not applicable

Anyone keen to guess the movie quote?

I'll start us off with a few easy ones:

"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse"

"Life is a box of chocolates"

"Open war is open you, whether you risk it or not"

Your turn next 🙂

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Anyone keen to guess the movie quote?

I like this very much @Former-Member ! Unfortunately, I don't watch movies, so I'm out, but it's such a good idea!

@Former-Member wrote:

I'll start us off with a few easy ones:

"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse"

"Life is a box of chocolates"

"Open war is open you, whether you risk it or not"

Your turn next 🙂

I have a nasty feeling that I might end up being banned from this thread, in the interests of giving others a go. 😋

Nonetheless:

1. The Godfather

2. Forrest Gump

3. I'm gonna assume that was meant to be: "War is upon you whether you...", in which case, it would be Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers.

Okay; my turn.

"I hate manure."

"There's always a way to blow up explosives. The trick is not to be around when they go off."

"I've been swimming in raw sewage. I love it!"

"This is not a boating accident!"

That last one actually has two possible answers. Bonus points if you can name the less famous answer, and why it's so ironic.

It’s definitely “open war..” haha. I watched a clip of it just then. 

But 3/3, well done @chibam !! 

1) Back to the future 3 parts 1 - 3

2-3) Pass - anyone else? @Jake63 @Scarecrowe @Former-Member @Meowmy @Shaz51 and EVERYONE!!!

4) Jaws

Life is a box of chocolates:

- Forest Gump.

From memory though, I think the quote is "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will find inside.

@Former-Member wrote:

1) Back to the future 3 parts 1 - 3

2-3) Pass - anyone else? @Jake63 @Scarecrowe @Former-Member @Meowmy @Shaz51 and EVERYONE!!!

4) Jaws

Absolutely correct on #1 & #4, @Former-Member ! 😊 If you haven't seen the source of #3, you don't know what your missing! I thoroughly reccommend it, once the answer comes out.

@Former-Member wrote:

It’s definitely “open war..” haha. I watched a clip of it just then.

Quite right. I missed that first "open". 🤔 Funny the way we remember things. I must've seen that film a dozen times, and would've sworn that line began with "war". Oh well...

(a) This is the busiest time of year, this is a crazy time, it just goes bonkers. It's as silly as a bum full of smarties.

(b) "I just know that with that man on the throne my department will sell more toys than it ever has. I just feel it."

(c) "There's three things in this world that you need: Respect for all kinds of life, a nice bowel movement on a regular basis, and a navy blazer."

I wouldn’t know where to begin with these Jo-AnneJoy. Maybe a movie coinnessure will drop by and get these ones right!

chibam, it sounds like an interesting film - this is a good way to find out films to put on the watch list. 

I might alter the rules of the quiz - please leave some hints if people aren’t guessing them 🙂 

@Former-Member wrote:

I wouldn’t know where to begin with these Jo-AnneJoy. Maybe a movie coinnessure will drop by and get these ones right!

@Jo-anneJoy's ones stumped me, as well. #1 and #3 have a British air in their language, the reference to a throne in quote #2 likewise seems to skew more British than American.

Quote #3 reminds me of Rowan Atkinson. I know he was always obsessed with his "bowel movements" in "The Thin Blue Line".

@Former-Member wrote:

chibam, it sounds like an interesting film - this is a good way to find out films to put on the watch list. 

I might alter the rules of the quiz - please leave some hints if people aren’t guessing them 🙂 

Fair point. I might as well go first:

2. "There's always a way to blow up explosives. The trick is not to be around when they go off."

It's an old WW2 movie about guns.

3. "I've been swimming in raw sewage. I love it!"

Priscilla Presley is famous for two things: marrying Elvis, and...

Movie quote #1  Kenny  (homegrown aussie movie)

Movie quote #2  Miracle on 34th Street (1947) (said by the CEO of Macy's dept store in New York in glee as he anticipates huge profits from the new "Santa")

Movie quote #3  The Fisher King (said by the legendary Robin Williams)

Now run along everyone and stream these movies ... there's going to be a test!  

@Former-Member @chibam