Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Anyone started with the NDIS?

Hey @eth, how did your review meeting go? I’ve got a report being written as we speak by an organisation which supports me in most areas. Again, like you, talk about leaving it to the last minute! Other than that, I’ve just got to print off a few quotes from the dietician and I’m done. Hopefully everything goes well, I’ve heard these meetings go for about two hours. I know I’ll be exhausted after focusing for that long.

Thinking of you and sending clarity and perseverence for today @Queenie .  I'll talk more about my meeting later probably.  Have brain fog this morning after all the adrenalin of the last few days.  Hope it goes really well for you.  I won't know the outcome of mine for a month apparently.

Well @eth I’m back from my meeting and it was awful! I’m being forced into work and they are going to recommend to Centrelink that I’m removed from dsp onto Newstart and have to look for work. I’m freaking out! I know I won’t survive this 😭😟

Hi there darlin, sounds like nothing is really lining up for you at the moment. 😞 If I read it correctly you havent had either psychiatric nor support coordinator support for a while?  And that your support coordinator isn't really working for you.... I would try and delay the meeting time and get another support coordinator who is there for you, nothing worse than having someone who is just there in body but not spirit, as they can sometimes hurt your situation.  You sound like you, yourself are well prepared, perhaps just lacking some self confidence, which is easy to say, and difficult to find, eh!  All I can say, is that if you don't feel that your support people are there with you, and you want to put it off for a week to get more organised then see if you can, otherwise, run with what you have and have a to-do-list in front of you and tick each off as they are noted in the review.  Make the LAC or person performing the review read back the points that matter the most to you, so you can be sure that they are listening to you and actually writing down what you are saying. This might help too. Wish I could help, I am having my own situation and my lack of self confidence undermines myself, something I am working on. Good luck. @eth 

Oh @Queenie! That's horrible! I'm so sorry and so angry for you 🙁 I have no idea how that could come out of a meeting like this. Did they talk with you about why they're putting in those recommendations? Far out 🙁

Thanks @PurpleKathy   I got through it.  Won't know the outcome for a month tho'.  The waiting will be hard.  There is lots I could say but I'm just not up to it tonight.  Will post here at length when I come out of the funk I'm in.  Hope your situation resolves in your favour.

@Queenie  that sounds outrageous.  I was under the impression that NDIS had no communication with C'link except to confirm details at the beginning of your application.  I really feel for you.   So sorry you have to deal with this.  Seriously unfair.  Lots of swear words on your behalf.  I can't think of words that would help at the moment but want you to know I'm here to support you.   You have the right to appeal with both NDIS and C'link if you disagree with a decision they make.

Oh @CheerBear @and @eth , I’m really freaked out because on Newstart I can no longer afford health insurance so you can say goodbye to my hospital stays and psychiatrist. I also won’t be able to afford petrol to get to my course to finish placement. I feel very unwell right now but what can I do? He made the referral to a DES provider right in front of me. 

Oh @Queenie I'm so sorry. That would be a monstrous stress and shock. Could the referral be something he was doing as an extra support rather than instead of NDIS/DSP support? (I'm probably being ridiculously optimistic here).

I don’t think so @CheerBear. He even asked for confirmation of my crn. He went on to say if there were no places with a local disability employment service provider, that I would be placed with a regular employment agency.

My anxiety is through the roof and it’s fuelling voices. 

So much for my doctor telling me to remain in a low stress environment! I’m bawling my eyes out.

@Queenie 

Heart

Just read your post on worry thread.

The only thing I know is that the LAC opinion needs to be signed off higher up and there can be grounds for appeal.

Not sure how good emplyment networks are at dealing with levels of disability.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance