Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Hi again @Dimity ... I went back to bed, and when I got up again I felt OK thankfully. I've just done 4.5 hours' work on the house, and have just found my bankcard! 

The lounge-room is now perfect and the hallway is clear. It takes a long time as I have to disinfect everything as I go, and ritually wipe it. The kitchen is still chaotic however and I have to step around and over things and lean towards the sink awkwardly. But am stopping now as I've run out of dry handtowels and handcloths for wiping things (I have about 120), plus have found the bankcard.

I also meant to tell you what the GP said on Friday: she prescribed a cortisone cream for my itching hands and recommended an over-the-counter antihistamine. Of course I forgot to get the antihistamine when I went to the chemist! Oh well, next week. 

How are you feeling today? It's fine, so I hope you can get out in your garden...

What a relief you found your bankcard @NatureLover . Well done on your tidying, it's very impressive.  It's good you were able to look after yourself and rest this morning. 

I did some pruning and some more shredding but wish I'd done more, I have a lot to catch up on. 

Hopefully the cortisone cream will give you relief fairly quickly, especially if the new soap is also helping. Do you wear gloves when you're disinfecting everything? 

Do you have a holiday tomorrow? I have no plans atm but hope to press on.

Thanks for your kind words, @Dimity ❤️

Yes, the new soap is definitely helping. Re the disinfecting, I usually use those disinfecting wipes these days, and no, I don't wear gloves with them... 

I'm planning to go in to work today to catch up on paperwork. If I don't go I'll get more behind and have to go in an extra day, which I don't want to do. I've kind of got the tidying bug now...my lounge-room looks so nice, plus I don't have to squeeze through the hallway, tripping over things! Hope the tidying bug stays around.

I hope you can catch the tidying bug...I'd give you some if I could. My pattern seems to be to do nothing for ages then do lots all at once, whereas your pattern is more steady, daily chipping away at it. I admire your perseverence. 

@Dimity wrote:

I did some pruning and some more shredding but wish I'd done more, I have a lot to catch up on.

Sending you lots of good wishes for today...I hope you can do whatever preparation you need to for your helper tomorrow 💚

It must be nice to be inspired tidying-wise @NatureLover - it's great you've achieved so much in your hallway and lounge. Good luck now with the kitchen. 

I've done some chores but lost track of the time again and haven't done everything I needed to. At least I've just about finished with a troublesome box of papers I started on a week ago. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. 

Hi @Dimity ,

@Dimity wrote:

At least I've just about finished with a troublesome box of papers I started on a week ago.

Well done! That is a big victory 👍

I haven't been practising my makeup for the black tie event...I'm actually scared of the mascara! I must do that today. I think I need 3 practices before the event on Saturday, and I probably need to practise the mascara every day. Eeek!

Other than that, I need to try and keep the lounge-room and hallway clear. After that, yes, tackle the kitchen. Thanks for your good wishes ❤️

Thinking of you and wishing you inspiration with your tidying, and that today goes better then you expect... 💚

Wishing you well today @NatureLover 💕

Keep practising @NatureLover it will come good. I used to find mascara easier than eye-liner but don't wear make-up these days. I'm nervous of hair chemicals too since losing sight in one eye. Are you planning a manicure?

Today didn't go well. I guess there's always tomorrow. 

Thanks so much, @Bow ❤️

@Dimity wrote:

Today didn't go well. I guess there's always tomorrow. 

Oh no, @Dimity ! Did it not go well with your helper? Was she not kind? Or were you having a non-coping day? Sorry to hear 😞

@Dimity wrote:

I'm nervous of hair chemicals too since losing sight in one eye.

Oh no 😞 Did hair chemicals contribute to this? 😮

My makeup practice was a disaster lol, so have booked another makeup lesson for this afternoon. A manicure is more than I can cope with, lol! And my hair is a lost cause. It's my natural colour but very thin, plus I tie it in knots which I then need to pull out. I had booked a hair appt for Friday but I cancelled it, as they would want to layer my hair to fix up the unevennness, and I need it long to self-soothe with. That's OK, the other things I'm doing will still be special - the makeup and the sequinned dress and the jewellery and the silver shoes. All those are unusual for me. Thanks for your interest ❤️

I'm sending good wishes for you to have a better day today and to feel stronger and more hopeful 💚

You’re a beautiful soul @NatureLover  💚💜💚

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance