Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Thanks @eth @Shaz51 @frog @Everyone

No I'm not in hospital yet (for Surgery).

That is very early tomorrow (Wednesday 5th August) morning - before 6.00am, I have to get up at 4.00am

This was all the Pre-Op Medical Assessment procedures ( 3 & 1/2 hours at the hospital) - that put major obstacles in my path.

Ordering me to go get extra Pathology tests (myself) at extremely short-notice, nurse wanting to postpone everything etc etc.

Telling me that I must have a family member (close associate) to take me home - or they won't let me go home (after Surgery) etc etc.

I will order a Taxi to take me home (& my neighbour may check on me at home), that's all I have - that was not enough for the Admin person.

So much ambiguity & contradictions - Yes you will go home (not stay in hospital) says the Surgeon's Office (Secretary) & the Anaesthetist Doctor.

No you won't go home says the Admin person/ Nurse - We will have to keep you here.

This is all before I've even gone in (been Admitted to hospital) to have the Surgery.

So I have no way of knowing whether to pack an overnight Bag (or not).

Thanks everyone.

Adge

pack a overnight bag my friend @Adge 

thinking of you tomorrow my friend xoxos

You said Pack an overnight Bag @Shaz51 Just as well that I did pack a bag.

I've just woken up (after Surgery Done), a short while ago - Now it's12.30pm.

They're keeping me in over-night

-  because I don't have anyone to take me home & stay with me in my house for 24 hours.

I am not "Resisting" Hee Hee - even though I don't want to be kept in hospital.

Really it's just about me needing/ wanting certainty & clarity - in the face of contradictory hospital information & constantly changing hospital directives.

Gee I'm feeling so Dopey after that General anaesthetic - I'm falling asleep whilst holding phone & typing this....

Adge

Hugs my @Adge  

Rest up now my awesome friend  xxx

Hope it all went well xx 

Oh @Adge  I am glad they're keeping you in.    Do nothing more than care for your birds when you get home.    You deserve a rest.

Get Well Soon ❤🧡💛💚💙💜

XOXO ANGELS333 

@Adge by the time you get this you will be recovering from your surgery. Just want to wish you all the best for your recovery, I hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

@eth congrats for getting back on the bike! I haven't been on one in ages, might have to dust it off. Take care during COVID lockdown if it applies to you, does to me here in Vic.

@Bezak482 Thanks.

Best to you too.

I've been doped out all this afternoon & evening.

I need to some how be perky tomorrow morning when leaving hospital (unlikely) - I virtually don't get any sleep at all, when in hospital.

Smiley HappyAdge

@Angels333 Thanks.

Best to you too.

I need to some how be perky tomorrow morning when leaving hospital (unlikely) - I virtually don't get any sleep at all, when in hospital.

Smiley HappyAdge

@Shaz51 Thinking of you too.

Thanks.

Smiley HappyAdge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance