Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Sorry your psych sessions are so tough, @Emelia8  😞

Interesting about the anaesthetic targeting the same area of the brain as trauma...oh gosh. That makes your upcoming surgeries harder 😞

Sending wishes 💜

Hello Apple 🙂 @Appleblossom  💚

Good afternoon @Emelia8 

Thinking of you lots hon.

Sending lots of strength and love you way 💕💕

Hello @Emelia8 

and others visiting this thread,

I just read your note from the 12 June. A lot has been happening for you. I hear what you are saying about the surgery in its complexity and effects in terms of the anaesthetic with transfer to other parts of the brain. All contributing to disrupted sleep and other issues during awake time as well as other reactions.

A brief note before going to bed, here. I plan to be back here on the forum more often.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Hi my friend @Emelia8 

just wanted to let you know that i am thinking of you

sending lots of love hugs and strength your way xxxxxoooo❤️

Hello from many days ago up to and including today dear @Emelia8 

I have read snippets of your journals and feel very much for everything that you have and are continuing to endure.

Life is just one big question at times that seems to grow larger and fuller before ever being answered.

Perhaps; in my humble opinion; a conclusion that I have reached with my own struggles is that I have been asking the wrong question.

Perhaps there is no question at all and therefore why waste more of our valuable energy on seeking answers? Redirect this energy to inner healing of mind and body as one.

Very deep yes tis me.

Has helped me as I continue with my own ongoing rehabilitation with all of it's bumps and turns.

My symptoms of post concussion from mild traumatic brain injury has been worse than physical pain. This is muddled up with existing unwell state of mind.

Burn out from confused mind not stretching boundaries in correct direction.

Your comment about anaesthesia certainly woke something up in my brain. Makes sense and I am holding onto that thought.

Ongoing trauma piled up does not dissipate just because we are in extreme pain from physical wear and tear of body parts let alone surgery recovery.

Having to deal with varying personalities of medical staff and levels of compassion is also exacerbating.

I commend you and thank you for keeping this journal going.

You are not only helping yourselves but so many others. Many who read along without comment or acknowledgement as is their limitation.

I have had to stay away from computers. So have missed much.

I hear your every word Emelia and feel your pain in as much as another can.

I can relate to yet not experience yours as is the case for you with others.

I can and do read of great resilience and courage ongoing from the posts that I have perused.

I see your followers and am greatly warmed by their numbers and loyalty.

I feel very guilty even though I know that is ridiculous; that I have not been able to write to you and others whom I have come to be close to. I would certainly be reassuring others so. Yet I am who I am and am learning to notice and observe those traits I still carry with me; changed yet still able to reappear from far too many life experiences that might never go away completely.

So I visit here and bring what I can to offer you without wanting to hurt you further.

Tears have come with me as I say from one to another please know how much you matter and are valued; loved and yes, needed. We need you as our friend.

Please forgive me for selfishly mentioning my own issues. I thought it was the only way that I could justify my absence.

love

Sophia

💛💜💚

Came up for air so popping in to check on you @Emelia8 and send love x infinity 💕

Hello @Emelia8@Anastasia

Just started my morning and wanted to wish you both well. Having been away for a bit, I am getting back into contact gently. Fighting with my computer and laggyness and dropouts on the internet that I am currently using where I live now.

However, things are going reasonably well otherwise. New cottage is comfortable and I am setting it up so that I can remain independent for as long as possible. Have definitely "arrived" at the stage of life where such aspects need to be considered. Physical limitations beginning to seriously impact on my everyday activities.

I am fortunate to live in a small community where people are supportive and pleasant. The activities in which I engage help me to maintain a fairly enjoyable lifestyle. The weeks seem to flash by really quickly though. All the more reason to make myself and my living space as functional and comfortable as I can.

Hope everything is going ok for you both, or at least stable, and that there may be improvements in some areas on the not too distant horizon.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Hugs and love to you both @Anastasia @Emelia8   Xxxooo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance