Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Thank you @Eve7 @Appleblossom @outlander @NatureLover @BlueBay @Snowie @Shaz51  for your messages since my hospital discharge last Friday.  Thanks too for your support @Peri @Anastasia @hanami @Former-Member @mufasa @creative_writer  @Bow @Faith-and-Hope @Clawde 

I havent been feeling very well since I got out.  A mixture of things I think.  And my sleep has gone backwards again too.  Something to do with not feeling safe I think.  Thought I had got through all that,  but it seems I was wrong.  Medications can only do so much. 

I see my oncologist this Thursday for another regular breast cancer check-up. Hopefully all okay.  I don't have scans for another couple of months. 

Speaking of scans,  I am still waiting to get in for an MRI for my lumbar spine.  Because I have had spinal surgery,  I need to have an injection of GAD dye into the veins,  which requires a doctor to be present.  Still waiting.  

It has been a beautiful autumn day here today.  And I have shut myself up in the house and done nothing.  What a waste. 

And I am also finding myself slipping back into bad habits which saw me return to hospital last time.  I see a psychologist this Saturday,  someone that has been arranged for me through DVA.  Maybe she can turn things around for me. 

Im actually really annoyed and baffled with the MH unit.  When I was discharged,  you can only get some meds at the last minute,  basically as you are walking out the door.  I discovered when I got home that they had sent me home with a large amount of meds, that I neither wanted nor needed. I could have asked my GP for another script if or when I needed one when I ran out.  But now I have this huge stash that I don't know what to do with.  One of the reasons I ended up in the MH ward last time was because a helpline was concerned I had a supply of such meds and could take too many.  And now I have an even bigger supply!  Hmmm ... gotta wonder who's thinking there?

Emelia

Hi @Emelia8 

It sounds like being home comes with some changes and adjustments. I hope you have some support around you.

It is scary sometimes when we have lots of meds around us.

Thinking of you hon 💗💗

Thinking of you @Emelia8 ❤️❤️❤️. I hope you start feeling better soon. 

Ohh @Emelia8 , it will take time to turn the house into your home xxx

When I inherited dads house , I cried with all the memories and had to make a home for us 

Do you have the cat coming around xx

Changes can be good , now our house is gone and we are at mum's, I feel it is not our place even though I own half of the house 

I hope you can put your touch in every room and that you can enjoy your space my sister xoxo 

@Emelia8  I’m sorry that your transition back home hasn’t been as smooth as you’d hoped. It’s always a bit of a tricky balance. Hope that you are taking care of yourself and being kind 💕

I am sorry it’s been so tough at home @Emelia8  Have you considered getting a puppy?  I know it’s not long since your darling Holly went but maybe a puppy…just a thought.

Anytime you want to share a cuppa I’ll be willing to virtually share one with you my friend.

Please stay safe and call out any time. You are precious 💚💕💚

❤❤❤ @Eve7 , @Bow 

@Emelia8 

Ahhh the inconsistencies of Mental Health Units.  

What are you doing for distraction atm?

Seen any good series?

Is it worth driving to a few favourite local spots?

Listening @Emelia8 ….. and sitting with you.

💖💐

Oh @Emelia8 I hear you 💔

I'm sorry things are as they are. I love @Shaz51 analogy of making it YOUR home, each room... little things. My Mum suggested you come and stay with her, if only...

A puppy does sound like a good idea @Eve7. Have you seen A dog's purpose? Might be the change you need Em?

I miss you all and I'm watching over you x

@NatureLover @Appleblossom 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance