Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

HannaBanana13
New Contributor

I have written a helping guide for people with OCD and their relatives/friends

Hello, guys! I remember myself suffering from OCD since I was 14 (now I am 27), but I think it started earlier, I just didn't understand that yet. It was quite a hard experience for me as I didn't know about this disorder at all, so I was thinking I was just going crazy day by day. I didn't tell anyone about my condition and my fears, so it was a huge everyday stress that was making my OCD only harder. After some years I've got to know about OCD from some movie on TV and I told my boyfriend that I have the same thing. I was so relieved by telling someone about my rituals and other things and by knowing that I am not the only one in this word with this disorder and it even has a name. So I started to treat it with doctors and without them, I've tried a lot of methods and I am happy to say that now I feel free from OCD. There appear some symptoms when I get stressed or tired but they are very easy to cope! As I was struggling with OCD for many years and I know how hard it can be, I feel all the people with OCD as my sisters and brothers, so I really wanted to be helpful and decided to write a guide of self-help for people with OCD and also for their relatives/friends. Here is the link for this guide: https://www.solutionbay.com/solutions/obsessivecompulsive-disorder-ocd. I really need your feedback, so I will know if it's helpful or if I need to change something. I really hope that it will help some of you as I tried almost all of the methods described in the guide on myself and finally, they worked somehow. I hug you all and wait for your comments! Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: I have written a helping guide for people with OCD and their relatives/friends

Hi @HannaBanana13,

A very warm welcome to the forums! Thank you for sharing your story with us, I had a read of your guide and love the mindfulness and recognising small improvement points, super helpful!

Hope you continue to enjoy the forums, looking forward to getting to know you a bit better 🙂

Lunar

Re: I have written a helping guide for people with OCD and their relatives/friends

@Lunar Thank you so much for welcoming!Heart I am so glad to be here and so glad that you found my guide helpful.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance