Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Anyone started with the NDIS?

It's all systems go here! I have been funded for 50 days of respite (wahoo!!) and a support worker for 3 hours per weekly plus weekly therapy and plan management. I clearly didn't understand what my plan had set out because it mentioned things like yard and garden maintenance and I didn't need that at all. It means I have a heap of respite up my sleeve--- yesssss!!!! I am interviewing plan managers soon and then looking at providers to get the ball rolling. My official LAC starts in October.

Hi @eth, great that there is forward movement from your Thursday meeting.

Hi @Queenie, awesome that it's all falling into place for you now.

Hi @CheerBear, fabulous news that you have been approved!

Smiley Very Happy

Woohoo @Queenie! Awesome to hear 👍

Thanks @Mazarita ☺ I'm excited and hopeful (always a good thing!)

CONGRATULATIONS @CheerBear and @Queenie !!!!  I'm really happy for you. 

Thanks @eth and thanks for all your helpful tips and support along the way ☺

I feel a little yay at having it go through especially after what happened with my access request. I think I mentioned that the NDIA asked me to provide more evidence. I didn't and instead was kind of/very loud about having already given everything I could and how I was confident it was enough and provided in the 'right' way. I suggested that maybe it would be a good idea for them to look at my application again and asked that they tell me how I hadn't already provided what they were asking for. Once someone in some kind of power seemed to listen to me and hear that, the letter saying I had been successful in my application magically appear in the mailbox!

What I took from that experience was that it can help to question things (then question them again and again if you have to) until you have some kind of straight answer. It doesn't always work out for me to do that, but in this case it did and I'm really relieved about it ☺

Next step is planning. I've tried looking at all the planning for the planning meeting stuff and it's a bit overwhelming. I'm off to an info session this week and hopefully it will feel more doable then. Lots of questions and thinking to do!

Hope things are going well enough for you. Glad you had some time off from it all this weekend ☺

Hi everyone

Congratulations @CheerBear @eth @Mazarita @Queenie and anyone else i forgot that got approved. 

My NDIS got knocked back and i have put in a review so fingers crossed.

Thanks @saturnzoon. Sorry to hear your application was knocked back. Crossing fingers for you that you have a positive outcome with the review soon.

Thanks @saturnzoon.  I really hope your review is successful.

@CheerBear  Sorry I don't remember which page it's on but a while ago I posted on this thread a list of planning meeting questions which turned out to be almost exactly how my planning meeting went.  It's also in the files attached to the Mental Health and NDIS page on fb.   There's also the Mapping My World booklet on the Endeavor website, which is really good preparation.

I remember seeing that list a while ago. I'll go looking now, thanks @eth. I have the remagine book in hard copy but forgot about the mapping my world one. I've just sat down to have a better look at it all and write some questions for the info session.

So helpful! Thanks again ☺👍
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance