Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Parents Supporting Unwell Adult Children

@Mumma_of4 

come and meet some other members @Faith-and-Hope@Anastasia@Appleblossom@NatureLover@MumNeedsHelp@Mumslove , @Former-Member , @TideisTurning 

hugs and sitting with you @MumNeedsHelp@NatureLover@Appleblossom@Anastasia@Faith-and-Hope@Mumma_of4 HeartHeart

having  4 step children who are all adult now 

Yep @Shaz51 My step is 37, no longer a spring chicken!

yep @Appleblossom 

mine are 35, 34, 32,29 wow crazy 

Thank you @Shaz51 💕

Cuppas all round?

Screenshot_2021-09-27-10-26-02-54.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-02-15-46-13-08.jpg

Ahh Lovely thanks @Anastasia 

Heart

I have 4 children ; 2 of which are heavy needs.  Youngest son PTSD/Anxiety & Depression; older daughter 24 ; Anxiety & Depression & Panic 

I look forward to the forum on helping adult children 

@Herewegoround 

Come and meet some other members @Mumma_of4 , @Faith-and-Hope , @Appleblossom , @Anastasia , @NatureLover 

Hi and welcome to the forums @Herewegoround 👋

Hello everyone who is reading this.

Hope you are doing well.

I have been off the forum for a while although I still check in occasionally to see what is happening. I came across this thread today and am wondering if anybody has any thoughts on something I have been concerned 😟 with lately. I recently had a bit of a health scare myself. Thankfully 😅 a doctor 👩‍⚕️ found the source of my problem which is manageable rather than the degenerative conditions which were being bandied about for awhile. But the threat has me thinking 🤔 more about the future. The thing that scares me is that I might have to rely on family members to support me. I know that healthy caring needs to be a two way thing but I also think 🤔 that we provide that care based on individual strengths. I don’t really expect family members with depression and anxiety 😟 issues to be able to support my daily needs in a way I would be comfortable with. I am wondering if anyone else has thought about this and have some ideas to comfort my concern.

😊 cheers 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance