Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: 8 dimensions of wellness

@Shaz51 @Former-Member @FindingStrength 

I also pick rubbish up when I go for walks on our local beach. I always say hi to people on walks and sometimes stop to pat their dogs if friendly. 
I love nice smelling candles in the home and light one most evenings. 
I agree about the decluttering. I cleaned out a filing cabinet last week and put some clothes I no longer wear in a Vinnies clothing bin. I am becoming more of a minimalist  nowadays. I started a tradition for my family a few years ago at Christmas. Instead of giving each other gifts we each make a donation to a charity, then on Christmas Day we talk about the charity that we chose. Santa still comes to children in the family and they get a gift 🎄🎁

@Shaz51 @Scoo @Former-Member @FindingStrength 

I have just found this thread and think it is a wonderful idea.  Hope you don't mind me joining in!  I look at my immediate environment (personal space, home and work) and  how it makes me feel.  Taking care of my home, adding a touch of cut flowers to my living area and keeping it clean makes me feel good.  I also enjoy the outdoors and truly appreciate the gardens that I walk past daily.  ( I have limited time to devote to my own garden sadly).

sitting outside, listening to nature and being present all help with wellness.

heyyy hello @Boo13 Heart

of course you are welcome my friend xx

way to go @Boo13 , @Scoo , grest ideas and self care tips as well

@Former-Member, @FindingStrength 

Yay! I also pick up litter on the beach! And try to put bugs & things outside rather than squish them ( but that might not be for everyone) - It makes me feel good, so that's what matters I guess..... Loving this thread so far 🙂

Imagine if everyone picked up rubbish for one day! I like to say hello & pat dogs too. Believe that a loss of connection is a huge factor these days... And loved your idea about Christmas, might adopt that one next year, thanks...
I'm thinking of creating a Xmas day free hugs thing with some charities for next year. It can be a very difficult & lonely time. My girls are excited about this 🙂

I think that the consitent little things can be a great way to improve the environment. Like being brave enough to smile, say hello or even compliment someone (especially strangers) for something, as often as possible. Diffusing essential oils can be really good for personal space/home areas & any connection to something natural - like caring for a pot plant. Definitely hugs. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Inspired already @FindingStrength  @Shaz51 @Boo13  @Scoo 

Took a pair of long handled tongs and a bag when we headed out today with the dog  and picked up bits of rubbish along our 🐕🐩 walking track. 

@FindingStrength 

I relate to the bug catching and relocation lol. I still have the bug catcher the kids used when they were little. I confess I have a prejudice against cockroaches though! 

@Former-Member @Scoo @FindingStrength @Shaz51 

Unfortunately due to the smoke from fires, I am unable to enjoy the outdoors at the moment as it is too dangerous and hazardous for health.  Instead I am thinking about new ways I can support the environment more this year....perhaps using more public transport to work and walking!  Good for both the environment and my health too.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Came across this article which gives some tips about improving the home environment.

https://homeaddict.io/40-wonderful-ways-to-make-a-happy-home/16/

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance