Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Latest responsive update - feedback and queries

Hi @Lauz@s-jay

I’m confused. When you click on lived experience it just shows all the new posts. Where’s the posts that I’ve replied to ? It used to show them when you clicked lived experience. Niw there not there. 

Hi @Lauz@s-jay

I feel the new format isn’t easy to use. I’m still confused and can’t find replies to posts or other members post to my thread. 

Then I feel anxious because I don’t know where it is. 

It’s a bit confusing to work out. 

Hey @BlueBay - sorry you are not finding it easy it use so far. We want to help you figure out the sections you are trying to find.

One main thing is that the "Latest Posts" module was removed, BUT we listened to members and it will be back on Tuesday.

In the meantime, you could use your notification feed to review your latest activity - to access it, up the top next to your username and profile image there is a little bell - click on that and you will see a list of the latest activity for you, replies to you etc.

Does that help?

Hi @s-jay@Lauz,

im struggling a bit too with the new format. I think that the new one is probably better for inclusivity but when you hit an unread or unanswered post it takes to back to the beginning of the thread and not the post that is unread. 

I have to admit im missing the latest posts too although I know there are pitfalls with it too. I am finding it taking lots more time to try and find the posts I’m looking for. I read it’s coming back but just wanted to add my two cents in :face_with_rolling_eyes: as I do 🤔

Also when you check to see who liked your post the icons are out of alignment on iPad and iPhone. It’s just a little glitch and nothing urgent. 

AD70326C-B7EB-479F-9940-F6A6A85F8E9D.png

PS @CheerBear, I hope you don’t mind that screenshot. Was kind of hoping it might highlight your album issues (cos we all need albums that work so we can marvel at each other’s 😜).....and penguin hugs 😘💜🤗

I think @s-jay??? The bell notification doesn’t tell me if I have any new notifications. I’m sure the old one told me hiw msny new notifications I had. Now I have no idea. 

@Lauz wrote:

Now once you choose which forum you wish to engage in, you can utilise the latest posts (which will be relabeled as latest discussions) in that particular side of the forum to get across the latest threads started. There is also the 'unanswered' drop down which is great for welcoming new members if they have just posted.

Ok so just to summarise the latest posts topic, is this correct:

• Latest/newest anything requires going to either Lived Experience or Carer's (can't see both at the same time)?
  • The actual latest/newest posts (regardless of when the thread was started) will turn into Latest Comments? But there are no changes to how this works compared to the old small dropdown box?
  • The latest/newest created threads will become Latest Discussions (instead of Latest Posts)?
  • The latest/newest created threads that haven't got any replies by anyone yet are in Unanswered? And they drop off this list once any person replies?
  • The Unread box shows... what? Threads that the logged-in member hasn't read any posts of yet (but other people may have read)? Threads where there's a new post that the logged-in member hasn't read yet?

As a positive note, now that I understand it a bit better (I hope!) I think the Unread > All Unread at the moment has the most useful functionality for how I want to use the forums.

(Screenshot from "Unread > All Unread" link on the Lived Experience side)

Untitled123.png

++++(Big Pro) I can see all the new posts that I haven’t read yet (grouped by the thread if the "Discussion" tab is selected by default, excellent). I'm not limited to a list of ~5 threads or posts, so I don’t have to open up each subforum and look at them individually to get a proper amount. Win.

Question for curiosity's sake - When we say "all", how far back does "all" go? Is there a set 'beginning of time' for this function or is it literally all since the forum was created?

-(Minor Con) I can't see any new ones that I just read. But I see there’s a way to fix that under the Options if I want to mark them all as unread again.

-(Con) I can't see who made the latest post. Only who made the thread.

-(Con) I can’t see when (date/time) the latest post was made.

-(Con) I also can’t tell if they’re in reverse chronological order (newest to oldest by latest post timestamp, as would make sense but I can’t be sure because there’s no timestamps.)

-(Con) I can’t see when the thread was created.

-(Minor Con) I can’t see a preview of the text of the new post. The preview is for the original post of the thread. I can understand the logic of this. Just goes against my personal preference but I understand why people may like this.

--(Moderate Con) but if I'm not logged in I can't see a link/box of Unread so I can't use this feature 😞

Hi @Lauz and @s-jay 

Great to see the page number glitch is fixed and to hear that latest latest comments seem to be coming back (I think).

One small issue I have noticed is that on my profile, my 'latest contributions' seem to be the latest discussions I've participated in. 

2018221.jpg

I use this feature (when it was my latest posts/contributions) to kind of keep track of where I am and what I'm doing on the forum, which I now can't do anymore. I've checked out a number of other member profiles and all that I've seen so far show members actual latest posts. Wondering whether it is that when we see our own profile it appears as mine does above, or is mine playing up (or is it something totally different)?

Thanks 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance