Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

kristin
Senior Contributor

Inexplicable error message

Hi guys,

Here's a wierd one.

I was trying to reply to one of Pipkin's posts and got this strange error message 

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Post flooding detected (community got posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)

several times (the first time there were a couple more lines). There are no highlighted errors in the post. I will try posting it again. No joy, I'll see if this one works! 🙂

Best regards,

Kristin

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Inexplicable error message

Hi Kristin & Admin,

More 'bugs' - I'm also having trouble doing posts - when I use the 'rich text' options (I think it is the A  [Text colour] I get this error message just below the window (in red text):

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Regards, Jake

Hi Jake, A few people have reported this. I'm aware that our IT people are trying to work with the org who generate the forum platform to solve this issue.

Kristin, I will copy & paste your message to our IT people. I haven't seen that one before!

Thanks both for helping us get this all sorted!
Nik

Hi Kristin,

I just had a response from our techguru. It's odd, the message should only be generated if someone has tried to post the same thing more than once in a short amount of time. This is an inbuilt function to prevent spammers spamming, not members like you posting!

Did the post end up going up in the end or it never ended up working?

Nik

Hi,

Yes I did continue to try posting it, but the first time this message was part of a longer one.

No I didn't succeed in sending it - I used the phrase stubbornness p1ll - apparently p1ll is a "bad" word too. If you are worried about triggering people then why are words like sexual and abuse not in the list, or meds?

This "bad" word issue really needs to be fixed and pronto, because the way this gag operates is actually way beyond anything that the community guideines say. My guess is it won't take very long at all for people to start using get arounds, especially once it is publicly open. I just don't get it at all why you haven't openly asked the rest of the forum users what they think of it. So are you going to open the topic or shall I? It's too important to be silent about.

In the case of s-: being able to talk about feeling that way and get support is one of the most important preventions. I'm not suggesting people feeling that depressed should be turning to the forum as first point of call, I think the recommendation to call Lifeline is right. However, when someone has survived feeling this way, being able to talk about & get beyond these experiences is one of the things that helps build resilience to another "bout".

Best regards,

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

Sorry this has been frustrating you. I am keeping our commitment of reviewing of these "bad words" - which is actually taking place tomorrow (but may take a couple of days to implement).

I have passed on your additional information about your experience to IT.

I will keep you updated.
Nik

Hi Jake, 

Yes I've had that one too, but stuffed if I know why.

Incidentally - an aside for the mods to pass on to IT pls; I think some of the error messages imply the problem is "highlighted" but nothing in the post is highlighted. Very confusing! Perhpas this would be a good function to add, presumably the software knows what it is complaining about, or perhaps this is just me being too logical and expecting the software to be also?

Best regards,

Kristin

Hi Kristin & Admin,

I feel your pain Kristin -  I'm with you on this one, I also have had to re-do many posts, they keep getting rejected for one reason or another. This has been ongoing since the forum started, I thought IT would have addressed some of these technical issues by now?

Punctuation, word strings and hypertext error messages - what next? I'm a retired technician and I find it very frustrating!

I used a phrase - '[a_b_u_s_e_d] [b_y] x xxxx xxxxx' - which was rejected - the program must have assumed I was making an unsubstantiated allegation, but it was just general terminology.

From the users point of view, this is very frustrating and not very user friendly. I can only imagine that there could be posters here that are struggling with all of the technological 'bugs' as well as trying to gather up the courage to do a post. The 'bugs' are very off putting.

The Spell check program doesn't even recognise the word Google!

Regards, Jake

p.s. error message: The message body contains a_b_u_s_e_d b_y, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

Hi Jake and Kristin,

Nice to see you on here. I'm enjoying seeing you and reading your posts. Smiley Very Happy

I agree the kinks and bugs are quite frustrating and off putting. I assure you that I.T. is working on them. There's a few to get through, and quite often it can take some time figuring out the source of the problem so it can take some time, and when these get solved, new bugs rear up too.

So I thank you for your patience, it's not ideal. Mr. I.T. is working hard though. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance