Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Tonight: SANE Peer Support Online Mental Health Meet-Up

Thank you @pipinya @Daisydreamer @Former-Member  ... I tried what you suggested @pipinya ie to clear the cache cookies etc.  It has made no difference at all.

In fact the post you did to me, I am unable to access any of the links in your post.  Not even to access a user name, much less link to the instructions you posted.

So I am still unable to get onto the Peer Meet Up site.  And even worse ... because I tried all night last night and can see that it is still not working ... I am unable to access the Counselling Support page, for Chat etc.  Sigh. 😔

Thank you for your feedback @Daisydreamer I have finally managed to get the website to resolve and let me sign up. It would not allow me to sign up previously, even with a new user name.

Probably as someone else has said, the site was overloaded. My browser, Vivaldi had a new update today, so perhaps that has fixed it. 

I am now signed up, albeit with a different user name like some of the others have said, because there was a warning about the choices in doing so. 

Maybe next time I will be able to take part in things. 

Thanks for the follow ups. 

@Daisydreamer  When I read your post @Emelia8 I thought, 'there's a 'chat' option? I haven't seen that and went looking.

Yes, there are a couple of 'chat' button options, but nothing happens when I press them. So it seems that I can't access a chat option either. 

I'd probably have to 'allow access' to something on my pc for it to be an option I suppose. 

Just thought I'd add my 2c for what it might or might not be worth. 

I'm aware a few members have had trouble with links, so just in case that resolves at some stage, this is the page where you can either access the chat (when it's open- sometimes, all the counsellors are attending to other calls/chats though and it won't be available, even if it's within opening hours) or alternatively book a call to speak with someone 1:1. 

Hi @pipinya thanks for the extra info. I am on a desktop when I am going through the registration process. Attaching an image of what I find on the Sane info page regarding where to go to register.

You will see on the image more detail of the box and that at first sight it seems to contain only informational text. It is only when you scroll within the box to the bottom that the rest of the text appears and a button is revealed saying 'accept', which I am guessing then gets the registration process happening there in the big box.

My concern is that, though I am highly computer literate (first computer job in 1980), I ruled out the big box there as the place to go, simply because it seemed full of text and nothing else. I see now that there is an instruction in blue to scroll down, but I missed that, perhaps at least partly because there seems an awful lot of text and instructions on that page.

I have been on the forum since 2015 and was around for the earlier attempts at doing these kinds of offsite chat events. They were attended by only a handful of members. It seemed to me that having to register at another site with extra tech requirements was enough to put most people off. I guess what I'm suggesting is that for the future the process may work best if much simpler.

Having said that I heard that attendance at the first event was good, so maybe take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. I may just be getting old and rusty. Smiley LOL

SANE.jpg

Hey guuuys....

I have tried and for the life of me I can't even find where the conversation (like the first one with Cathy from blueknot) from this topic is..

Was it only in chat? I registered and can access it but everything is blank.. 

I was able to read the questions/answers from the trauma topic in both lived and carer/support forums but am unable to find the one for this one. I've read through as many comments as I can and none of the links work or direct me to the whole conversation of q/a. 

Help please, I think this topic is one I really need to read! Thanks 

@Mazarita @Daisydreamer @TideisTurning @Former-Member 

I am adding my voice to Mazarita's here. 

The whole layout is confusing and the description of what to do is not logical nor easy to understand. 

I also am quite computer literate, with more than I want, or need to include here to support that statement. 

After managing to sign myself up after the kaffuffle of the actual meeting night, I've gone back to the site to read over the content at my leasure.

Unfortunately, althuogh I can log in and see a long list of names in the same side bar as mine is in (not this name, I signed up under another name), but no content, the place (box?) where the text should be is empty. 

I don't like this set up, it's not just 'cos of not liking change either, there's other reasons and not being able to see the content is bothersome. 

Would I be able to see that content if I had been able to sign in at the time of the meeting? 

There's too many questions with too few answers here for me to feel okay about this right now. 

I think I shall delete my account on chatwee and think about what solutions might be offered for the next Peer Support Online Meet-Up. 

@pipinya @Daisydreamer @Former-Member @TideisTurning 

I am happy to report that I have finally been able to access both the Peer Meet Up site and the SANE support Services.  As I mentioned before, I tried what you suggested ... ie cleared cache, cookies, history, etc.  But it made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

In the end, out of desperation ... I googled my inability to access parts of websites, and I followed the instructions there.  It turned out to be something to do with the Modem and Router, not allowing me to access certain sites or parts of sites. Simple fix of shutting everything down and then restarting modem, wifi, router, computer, etc. And bingo ... it all works again.  😊  Such a relief.

No idea why that happened, but it coincided with registering in the Peer Meet Up site. Wondering if its a security related thing?  It may have decided to block me from certain sites?  Dont know, but the important thing is that I am back in again and able to access (particularly) the Sane support services, including Chat.  I'm not sure if I'm game to try to get into the Peer Meet Up site again.  

Anyway ... thank you.

Emelia 

Hey @Emelia8 ! Glad to hear your connectivity issues were resolved. We'd love to have you join us in our next one if you're available!

@Mazarita I'm glad its visible now 😊hoping you can join us for the next one!

@26aqua the meet-up can be accessed through here ,  and if anybody would like to see a transcript (conversation) of the last group, it's available there, too - scroll down a little bit just past the Chat box in the middle of the page. We'll continue to upload the transcript after every group!

@Last-Lament if you access the group after the session is over, it'll be an empty room because there isn't a session running. We'd love to have you join us at our next one - it'll be a lot more lively than an empty virtual room! 😊
As I was saying to 26aqua, you can find the transcript of the last session to read through at your leisure, too.

Hope you're all well,

Pipinya ðŸŒ¿

Thanks, @pipinya. The transcripts will be helpful. Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance