Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Former-Member
Not applicable

Superficiality is a mental illness !

Peoples conversations are so superficial, they tell stories one after another, they may tell a few jokes, or they go on about the dramas in their life, this pretty much covers nearly everybody's level of conversation.

This behaviour comes out of fear of being honest with yourself and other people. And fear is the greatest cause of suffering in one's life. Fear is very hard to recognise, because it is so hidden deep within us. If you can really be honest with other people and yourself you'll start to break down the level of your fear.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Superficiality is a mental illness !

I couldn't disagree with you more @Former-Member. It would be the easiest thing in the world for me to live in isolation from others. I don't need them. At all. Not in any way. 

It's taken me two decades of exploration (and courage), to begin to understand that there is actually a far richer world than the one in which I'm perfectly fine. It's a world where human relationships, interactions and the sharing of common experiences enrich the experience of life more than I ever imagined possible. I still don't fully grasp it but have come far enough to at least glimpse it. 

I hope, in time, that you do too.

Re: Superficiality is a mental illness !

I know this is straightforward but 98 % of people any where just want to help.

Confronting your fears makes room for life
From very personal experience I know what its like, Darren hayes
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance