Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Looking for people to peer review BPD content

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of revamping some of our content on borderline personality disorder.

There are two pieces of content in particular that we are looking to be peer-reviewed.

1) Fact sheet: The fact sheet is designed to be a quick summary of the key information about BPD that covers key facts and myths, high-level symptoms, and types of treatment and help available.

2) BPD guide: The guide is intended for people who want some more detailed information.

Both documents have been reviewed by clinicians for their accuracy, and also by SANE's Help Centre team, and while the peer review is the final step before we publish, we see it as the most important part of the process.

In reviewing the documents we are asking for consideration of the following:

·         Is the information easy to read and understand?

·         Is there any language that is jarring?

·         Is there anything missing that you would like to know about?

You don't have to have a diagnosis of BPD to get involved.

There is a short turn around on this - so you review would have to be complete by 10pm AEDT Sunday 2 Oct (Sunday night). 

Unfortunately, the Forums won't allow word / PDF file types to be uploaded, so if you're interested, you will have to email team@saneforum.org and we will email them to you.

Please let us know by 9pm Friday 30 Sep (tomorrow night) if you are interested, as I won't be available to email the content over the weekend.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Looking for people to peer review BPD content

Hi @NikNik. I'm happy to have a look. It was the SANE fact sheet that was given to my family by my mental health team when I was first diagnosed. 

Cheers 💜😊

Hi @NikNik

I'm happy to have a look.  Maybe it is something I can give to hubby and kids to see if it is easy information for them.

Thank you both so much 🙂
I have forwarded you the documents.

Hey @NikNik

I am really happy - do you want to know why?

Because after you sent me the email with the information on BPD, I printed it off and gave it to hubby to read.  I want him to understand what BPD is like and the symptoms.  And when he finishes reading it, it would be good to get his feedback.  I'll email you back with comments.

Thank you for letting us on the forum have the opportunity to give you some feedback 🙂

That's awesome @BlueBay !
Thank YOU and your family for providing the feedback!

Hey @NikNik

Thank you so much.  Hubby has just read the information and the only question he had for me was 'the black and white' thinking and 'all or nothing way'.  So in a way he now knows what BPD is for me and maybe how he can help me.

I am so happy that i could give him this info.  I asked him if there was anything he didn't understand or if it was simple language for him and he said yes it was easy to understand 🙂

Hiya @NikNik I've just emailed my response 💜😊
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance