Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Former-Member
Not applicable

Deleting posts

Hi mods etc, 

I know that I can request deletion of individual posts but if I cancel my account, will all my posts still remain? Are the mods able to delete all of a person's post in bulk or do they need to be done one by one?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Deleting posts

Hi @Former-Member,

Excellent question! 

It's my understanding that your posts do remain... and I'm not aware of any way we are able to delete all posts created by a contributor. 

HOWEVER - I'm not the all-powerful-all-knowing moderator 🙂 So I could be wrong. Would you mind holding off on an "official" answer until Monday, when @NikNik or @CherryBomb return?

I'm sorry I can't be of much help 😞 And I'm sorry to hear that you are considering leaving us! I hope everything is ok Briar. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Former-Member. Yes I'll wait. 

Hi @Former-Member

GREAT question.

Unfortunately, the forum platform we use does not have the functionality to bulk delete posts. 

If you do leave the forums, the post remain. However, we are looking at functionality to fix this. We are *hoping* to introduce a function where, when a member deletes their profile, their post remain, but the username is removed. For example, instead of 'Briar' is will say 'anonymous'. This is a win-win, in that the member is de-identified, but the helpful / insightful response remains and the flow of the discussion isn't compromised. In the short term though, the only ways to remove your posts are:

1) Send a link using the 'Request removal'

2) use the edit function in each post to remove the content you're not okay with

I will keep you updated on the introduction of the functionality I mentioned above. I don't have a timeline just yet - but will keep you posted.

Former-Member
Not applicable

How do you delete your account?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance