Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Jlol
Senior Contributor

Can I post about something that happened to me with the mental health system?

A few years ago I 'blew the whistle' on some dodgy practices that occurred at a state hospital. In retaliation they did their best to discredit me by making things up about my condition. I've been battling both the hospital and the resulting stress and depression ever since.

Can I tell this story here?
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can I post about something that happened to me with the mental health system?

Hi @Jlol,

I'm Shimmer, one of the moderators here, nice to 'meet' you! Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced dodgy practices in a hospital, which subsequently tried to discredit you, resulting in stress and depression. It sounds like you took strong action by reporting this so that it won't happen again to others, good on you.

You can certainly talk about your experiences here, although our Community Guidelines ask that you don't name specific service providers (hospitals or individual practitioners), for a few reasons: to ensure members don't make personal treatment decisions based on others' experiences (as what works/doesn't for one person might not for another); to protect members' anonymity; and to ensure no defamatory comments are made. I hope this helps.

Look forward to hearing more of your story @Jlol!

Take care,

Shimmer

Re: Can I post about something that happened to me with the mental health system?

Even with anonymity and not giving names .. you can do a lot of good in alerting the general community about what is ok .. and not .. and how to make decisions about the present real state of affairs in mh field.

@Shimmer and @Appleblossom cool thanks!

I'll post the story soon. I'm on mobile mostly do will have to find a computer to type on.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance