Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Community Guides - who they are and what they do!

Hi there,

As you may have seen, we did a call out for the latest round of Community Guides.

Community Guides are long term members of the community, who help others feel heard, feel welcome and less alone. You may seem them around getting involved in things like:

• Encouraging members to participate in discussions
  • Welcoming new members
  • Helping members feel less alone, whether it be through sharing on their own experience or through connecting members with similar experiences
  • Starting new and engaging discussions
  • Special events, such as Topic Tuesday
  • Answering 'How-to' questions from other members

This round of Community Guides are:

@Appleblossom @CheerBear  @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @PeppiPatty @Phoenix_Rising @Queenie @Sans911 @Shaz51 and @soul

Over the next 24 hours, you will see the title under their names change from 'Senior Contributor' to 'Community Guide'

In the meantime, I thought I would start this space so Community Guides can introduce themselves (incase you don't know them) and you can say hi!!

Thanks,

Nik

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Community Guides - who they are and what they do!

Ohhhh WOW , @NikNik  Smiley Happy

Hello @Appleblossom @CheerBear  @Faith-and-Hope @lisajane @PeppiPatty @Phoenix_Rising @Queenie @Sans911 , @soul, How lovely to see you my friends Smiley Very Happy

Hi all,
I think most people know me, im a single mama to two kidlets, and I have struggled with depression, ptsd and anxiety for a long time. I've enjoyed being a part of the forums for around 3 years i think now and have been lucky to get to know amazing people here and learn from others in this space. I'm looking forward to continuing to be a part of the forums 🙂
Hugs to all who want any!

Hello My Name Is @Shaz51

I have been on the forum for 2 years, Love been on here

a Little bit about myself , I am 53 , am married , My husband has had lots of different diagnosis , Bipolar 11, anxiety, depression , inherited depression , GAD, Major depression

I am a step mum to 4  children who are adults now

Well done to all. I am super glad that these wonderful people will have communtiy guide under their name. I have missed it the last week Smiley Happy

@outlanderhere is the feedSmiley Happy

Hey forumites! I'm @Queenie and I am super excited to read and help members explore their recovery journeys. For me, recovery is not necessarily about the cessation of symptoms, rather it is about learning to live a rich, fulfilling life managing the illness/es much in the same way a Diabetic would manage theirs.

I am 38 years old and like to be creative with manga and anime being my favourite art forms. 

I also collect Vinyl Bobble-Heads, I have heaps and heaps of them.

I am diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, which is like a combination of bipolar and schizophrenia but am learning that it needn't be about the label, it's more about the person.

Anyway see you all around the forum here and there!

@NikNik Thankyou for letting us know who the CG are.Smiley Very Happy

...and to all our Community Guides:

@Appleblossom @CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @PeppiPatty @Phoenix_Rising @Queenie @Sans911 @Shaz51 @soul

a wonderful group of members who truly embody everything this forum is about  Smiley Very Happy

@Phoenix_Rising and @CheerBear - I am now officially the 'odd one out' LOL)

Welcome back to the guides continuing on in this round and welcome to the role to those just starting! You are all ace! Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance