Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

CherryBomb
Senior Contributor

Squeeze my ball - for stress relief

stress everwhere.jpg

The little things that bug you can add up over time.

After an exhausting day at work the other day, and a long journey home stuck in traffic, I came home to find that my partner had left a pile of dirty dishes in the sink. I felt disproportionately angry and annyoyed. REALLY angry and annonyed. Usually I can shake off little things like this, but this day I couldn't. I felt I was being irrationable and unreasonable, so I called a girlfriend. I just felt like I needed to vent about this seemingly small thing. It was so nice  to hear someone say, 'it's normal to have days like these, you just got to get it off your chest'.

So this is a place to release stress about things no matter how small or big you think they are. We often hear people say that they feel like they shouldn't complain when other people are going through much tougher circumstances. But remember, it's the little things that can build up over time, which can break be the straw that break the camel's back.

So please use this space to get stuff of your chest, and release some stress. It's kind of like our own stress reduction kit.

stress-balls.jpg

stress-balls.jpg
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Squeeze my ball - for stress relief

The smallest thing can stress me out and get me a deep downer have ruined 3 stress balls inthe last 2 years

@Jamc lots of small stressful things can add up to make one big stress ball - or three in your case.  If you had to rate your stress level of average from 1 - 10 (1 being relaxed and 10 being super stressed and anxious), what would your stress level be?

Hi @CherryBombThis a great idea. I think I felt some stress relief just from thinking about a stress ball. I will have to check out the shops see if I can find the real deal.

A small thing that has been bugging me is there are no garbage bins in the local parks around where I live. I take the family dogs for walks with me when I go and they enjoy it because they get to go places and see things that they would not otherwise experience. I like to do the right thing and scoop the poop but there are no bins. Is it asking too much to have bins in public places?

Anyway thanks for the opportunity to vent. 

cheers,

Carer101.

I don't think you're asking too much @Former-Member, I'm pretty sure the council is suppose to provide bins - aren't they?

On that note, one little thing that has been bugging me, that unlike you @Former-Member, there are a few people in my neighbourhood who don't pick up after their dogs, and there are certainly bins! What is particularly bothersome is that I leave home early at about 6am to go to yoga. It is still dark at this time, and I need to walk down an alleyway that is often ridden with poopy traps that I can't see. Smiley Frustrated 

Kinda ironic considering that on my way to yoga - something I do to try and feel relaxed - I find myself getting annoyed. 

This seems so tiny - but it rained on my day off.

Monday = sun

Tuesday = sun

Wednesday = sun

Thursday.... my day off = rain

I just wanted to do something by myself and get out of the house and to the beach.

Boo!

You dont happen to live near Melbourne do you ... bloody weather ...

cheers

Hi @CherryBomb

Still have not located a stress ball in the shops so back to squeeze yours.

I think joggers need to be fitted with bells and required by law to use them when approaching walkers, especially dog walkers from behind on the footpath. 

Hope your stress ball does not suffer from overuse in the Christmas rush.

Cheers.

Still think this is a good idea. I somewhat stressed that my home is not as clean as I would like it so be. So maybe just a little squeeze. Ha. Feel better already.

I am really feeling the stress today.

I know it is a feature of my posts that I do not like living with mess and maybe I am a bit of a clean freak. However is it too much to ask that people who want to live with dogs make some effort to clean up after them.

I know it is a thing that people with mental health problems benefit from having furry friends. But I wonder what other carers think of that. I have too pets that are attached to me, I do love, but they are meant to belong to other family members

AArghhhh!!!!!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance