Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

flybluebird
Senior Contributor

January 2022 Community Wrap 👏

Hi there SANE Community  👋

With the start of the new year and as we begin a new month we are back with a wrap up of what's been happening across the forums over January 2022.

As well as some information about where to find upcoming discussions for February  

Firstly I’d just like to acknowledge the many new members who have joined our community over the last month! Some of you have opened up already on the forums and we hope you find community by being here 😊

@Blackflame @Campbarry @Farmboy @ferngully @Frankly2 @Genevieve8844 @Helena92 @Herewegoround @Jillaroo @Littlerob1 @Live22 @Lumara @maxwel @Maybe1 @PhoenixJ @plantlover123 @Pop_S @Ret73 @Scott76 @sm678 @Stargirl @TheJuZShoW @Tom4 @TropicalGarden @wongli                                               

Members please help me by extending a warm welcome to you all here on forums!
We hope that you can engage in the many & diverse discussions that occur here on the daily & also keep you in the loop when getting started – here are some links below on tips in getting yourself familiar with the space, if needed. 😊

#️⃣ Trending topics:

#Mindful Mondays (Lived Experience Forum)

#Wellbeing Intentions (Lived Experience Forum)

#Everything music (Lived Experience Forum)

#Everyday photo experiences which make you grateful / happy / laugh (Friends, Family & Carer’s Forum)

👏  Celebrate a member: 🎉

@Molly22 for your bravery in sharing your experience and wisdom around an important conversations on Autism, trauma & mental health. Also wanted to celebrate your creativity and the joy your incredibly inspiring photography brings. Thank you for your collaboration with finding a solution to the watermark concern.

@Zoe7  with your inspiring peer support which translates so beautifully in this online setting with many members here on the forums. I have seen you hold the values of mutuality, hope & empowerment which is such a support for others here.

@Rosemary4 for your generosity when connecting with other members by sharing your own perspectives & experiences as well as the support to others have been really heart warming to witness.

@LookingHopeful for sharing your understandings & relatedness with others on various topics as well as hearing your personal insights demonstrate how connecting with your peer’s can portray growth as we live our lives.

@Lou2u with sharing your knowledge around what has worked for you which included some peer group resources for others to be aware of. I also admired your contributions shared around advocacy which added to the conversations that were started recently.

@Gwynn with your engagement with many on the forums & showing strength in such genuine peer support we celebrate & see you as such an asset here on the forums! 

🗓 SANE events to take part in next month

There are so many discussions and events taking place this month, and we invite you to join in! To find out all the events taking place, check out the calendar below or our thread What’s happening on the forums in February 2022 🗓

Feb Calendar.png

🔦 Spotlight on:

In January, we started our new Mindful Monday  thread in ‘Looking after ourselves’ section of the lived experience forums. So every Monday we share a mindfulness activity with you and if you decide to try it for yourself, have an opportunity to share about your experience of it with us. We also welcome members to contribute by being involved in sharing an activity yourselves. If this interests you, please get in touch or let us know by emailing team@saneforums.org 

The SANE forums had a small break from Topic Tuesday but started off the new year with a great discussion last week. This one was held over on the Friends, Family & Carers section of the forums – ‘Supporting loved ones living with BPD’ with special guest peer support worker @Tyme.

The Online Peer Group Chats started back also with one chat about Resilience – where you find the transcript here  – and last week another on Intentions for 2022.
(You can still view the discussions and hear from the community using the links above.) 

🎊 SANE news:

• Please join me in welcoming @tyme, our newest peer support worker here on the forums. 🎉
  • Thank you to all those members who recently applied for the Community Guide Program, the applications successfully closed and we are currently progressing through the next steps of the process & will be getting in touch with people soon.

🌸 Quote of the month: 

“I have hope for the future because I see here every day the hard-working people
who spend time here to encourage others to keep going even when the odds
might be stacked against them, and in that is the community of change that I see.
Small things that make a difference for all.”
@AussieRecharger  

Tagging those who supported the last month's Community Wrap 

@Bow @Former-Member @Dimity @Anastasia @chibam @Emelia8 @BlueBay @Rhye @Snowie @Appleblossom @Flying_Hams @nony @Judi9877 @Shaz51 

Do you know someone that could be celebrated in the next wrap or see a quote you think could be shared here? Feel free to email our team at team@saneforums.org 

If you are enjoying reading our monthly wraps - hit the support button, and we will notify you when the next one is up!

1 REPLY 1

Re: January 2022 Community Wrap 👏

This is so lovely @flybluebird ❤️

I am very grateful to have found these online forums, such a wonderful spirit and really helpful support here 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance