Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

What topics/discussions would you like to see on the forums in 2022?

Hi there SANE Friends, family and carers Community 🙂

As we approach the end of the year, we are planning ahead for 2022!

We would love to hear from you what discussions, topics or events you would like to see here in 2022.

You are are welcome to post your ideas below, or email us at team@saneforums.org.

We look forward to bringing more events and discussions to the forums next year, based off your feedback!

Please feel free to tag others 🙂 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: What topics/discussions would you like to see on the forums in 2022?

hello @Daisydreamer 

what would you like to see as a topic @Elac@Alicat , @Former-Member , @Determined@Smc@Anastasia@greenpea@Appleblossom@outlander@Krishna@Scoo@FindingStrength@Mumslove 

@Daisydreamer  bipolar I with comorbid mental issues such as ptsd, schizoaffective disorder, depression.

medication causing tiredness and irregular sleeping patterns

Perhaps techniques for discussing sensitive topics with someone who may have BPD but isn't diagnosed (lives in doubt).  How to support them, while not putting yourself in harm’s way.

@Carlo , that is a great topic my friend 

Same here with bipolar  2 and other diagnosis 

And  we have other thread on here for you to look at is Carers Hints and tips to Success , Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope ) 

Here for you my friend xx 

Re: BPD for Carter’s, I am so lost 😞

Help for carers of BPD sufferers, I am so lost 😞 

Hey @Magnolia , welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment. There are a few ways to get a bit of support - one way would be to use the search bar at the top to search for BPD and see what topics and threads pop up.

You can also make your own post. Head to the main page of the Family, Friends and Carers Forum, scroll down to see the list of topics - I'd say your best bet would be to post in the topic section Something's Not Right. There's a green button labelled 'New Discussion' - click that to make a new post. You can include as much or as little as you feel comfortable! 

Hot tip: you can tag other forum users if you want them to get a notification and see your post by typing the @ symbol and type their username, then select it from the dropdown menu that should appear. For instance, I'm going to tag @BPDSurvivor who is one of our wonderful community guides, who might know a few more threads than I do that you could visit to find the info/support you're looking for. 

Hope this helps, and you're always welcome to tag a moderator (@Former-Member) or email us at team@saneforums.org if you need any help. 

Thanks @Jynx ! I'll invite them over to some forums re BPD. 

Hi @Magnolia @Carlo ! Welcome! Feel free to pop over to Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script  and LIVE CHAT: BPD for Friends, Family and Carers - This Sunday 3rd October 7:00-8:30pm AEDT 

@Daisydreamer 

Caring for carers mental health 

Cigarette tax - My Son spends 150% of his income after rent on smokes. 

Every time the tax goes up he eats less and so do we his carers as we make up the 50%

and feed him out of our pension.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance