Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂

Hello all,

Just joined as recently been struggling to connect with people, hit a point where I do not have it in me to explain my illness to anyone. I thought here might be a place where I don't need to explain as you all likely understand. 

Im 44 years old and had major depressive disorder since I was a child but not diagnosed until 21. Also have anxiety problems and recently diagnosed with ADHD and possible chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia...Oh and one psychiatrist thought some BPD traits.

Have short periods of being "ok" but mostly struggle. After a few years of alot of deaths including my Dad I seem to have hit my worst, I have  become a complete mess who can't work, function, talk to people. I have been trying hard to get by with intensive therapy (DBT) and gave medication a rest as 20+ years on them have never been much help. But its just got worse, which has become quite upsetting as I am trying really hard despite feeling like garbage all the time. 

Anyways that will do as im sure I could go on for a zillion paragraphs about my stuff lol, nice to meet you all 😁

Hello and welcome @Daisy78🌼 We are happy to have you here!

You have certainly been through a lot. It is not easy to keep pushing through when things are so tough. I think for many of us with mental health journeys, the relentlessness of it is one of the hardest parts. The best we can do is try our best every day, even when that voice is saying "What's the point?". 

Many here can definitely relate to a lot of what you are going through, I hope this can be a welcoming and supportive space 💛

Take good care of yourself!

Kind regards

Peregrinefalcon

Hi, I don't know what to say about myself. I like cats? Yep ... that counts as introduced.

Hi @it_is_Cold You are amongst many here who also like cats. I have a squishy face called Clover - she likes to pounce on my dog and then run - cheeky little monkey. Do you have a cat?

Hi @Zoe7 I do have one. He is old but I love him.

Our fur babies give us so much joy @it_is_Cold Mine are everything to me. I lost my little girl last year - she was 14 and had battled cancer for a couple of years. I buried her in the garden where she loved to be. I already had Clover (she was just a kitten) so that has helped a little with the loss but I still miss her every day 😥 Do you have any other pets?

@Zoe7
I also have fish.

I know how scary cancer in cats can be, mine had a rough battle with cancer a few years back

Freshwater or tropical @it_is_Cold ? We have tropical fish in our classroom but we lost the two bigger ones - think the smaller ones ate them 😮

Yeah it was a tough battle. We thought we had gotten on top of it but it came back. I did get two extra special years with her though.

@Zoe7 tropical. We have both male and female, so too many.
We found changing the gravel to brightly colored gravel helped stop the breeding

That is interesting @it_is_Cold Would never have thought of that.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance