Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂

@Zoe7 we just wanted gay gravel. Just happened to have a good side effect. So the more you know

The best accidents are those that bring us new knowledge @it_is_Cold 👍

Hi! Just joined in the last few days.

About me: ASD, C-PTSD, anxiety, BSc. 😉

current hobbies: making friends with the local parrot population, taking naps 🦜

haha @DelicateUnit you gave me a giggle - I looove your current hobbies 👍 Welcome to the community 😁

Hello @DelicateUnit 

Welcome to the forums😊

Hi all,

Glad to have found this forum. Been suffering with stress/anxiety for a number of years but always seemed to have it under control. Since Covid it has definitely been a challenge and finding ways to try relax and not overthink. Some minor health stuff has popped up too halfway through this year and it has definitely been a bit of a whirlwind trying to not think about it all the time.

Hoping to release some stress here by getting involved on the forum and meeting new people 🙂

Hey @Piper20 Welcome to the forums. It's nice to have you here. 

I can definitely relate to anxiety/stress.. something I battle with almost every day! 

I hope you find this to be a supportive community. Welcome 😊

@Shaz51 @Flying_Hams @maddison @Zoe7 

@Piper20 It is often hard to get out of our own heads and leave that stress and anxiety behind. What do you find works best for you when you need to relaz?

You might like to have a look at this thread Our coping toolbox 🧰 or this one Coping Box for some extra hints.

Welcome to the community 😁

Hello @Piper20 

I like your name! Welcome to the forums💚 & well done reaching out. I find this part the hardest.

I can relate to anxiety as well. It can be so hard to manage & I feel like I'm always on the lookout for new methods. I have found lots of fantastic info on this forum. The links @Zoe7 mentioned have been good for me, by helping me to understand more about self care. 

Reading stories & general chat with others can be a great relief in knowing we are not alone in our struggles.

There are many kind people here. 

I think you are right that covid has had big impact on mental health for so many people.

Perhaps you might like this thread Daily Achievements  

Recognising the things I do manage to accomplish helps to remind me about the positives😊

Sorry if this welcome is a little disjointed - I'm actually feeling tiny bit of burn out right now!

I hope you enjoy the forums.

maddison

Thankyou for the tag @Paperdaisy 

Thank you @Zoe7 and @maddison and all the lovely welcomes.

Of late I have struggled to do exercise which I know helps. I made it a point to go have a walk on the beach this afternoon and it was pleasant 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance