Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂

@Tara22 I remember when my little brother was that age…. There was 12 yrs between us….. I remember all the grunting and attitude and very little words. Could you possible ask him for a hug? Be honest with him and tell him you need one? Just a thought. 

im sorry it’s so difficult for you. 

how has today been for you @Tara22 ?

Re: Iintroduction 🙂

Hello @Backspin  and welcome to the forums. There are lots of friendly people here with lived experience and always willing to listen.

When I read your post it really looked like something I had written! My son had a painful marriage break up a couple of years ago and I have struggled with depression since. after many years of not needing medication I am now taking anti depressants.

I hope you stay around on the forums and make some friends here.

💙🙏

Will do.

I still learning the ropes here, thanks so much for your kind words and hope we can all help each other.💗💗💗

Hello everyone, I'm very new here and just trying to figure out how all this works and the types of threads and what not, so I'm hoping I have chose the right thread for my introduction.

I'm a female 27 years old and live on the Sunny Coast - Australia.

I have been battling severe depression and anxiety, ptsd for many many years, and I feel like some more mental health that hasn't being diagnosed yet.

Just recently I have had a severe decline and I found this space and by reading what some people have wrote has definitely helped and given me some hope, so thank you to everyone. 

I'm not really sure what else to say as this anxiety us kicking my but and I'm very anxious about putting this out there.

But just thought I would say 'Hey' 👋

Thanks for reading,

Jess xxx 

Hi Teddy.
My story is that I am now an older man and never had medication before, but took 1 year to get a prognosis, which I think is close, it helps a lot.
What we all need is love.
Hope you get right diagnosis soon.
God bless you.

Hi Jess.

This the first time i have been medicated for depression in my life and far from young, very hard to accept.

Sorry to hear you unwell right now, i will say a prayer for you tonight if you wish, keep in touch.

Hey @Backspin ,

It's great you've been able to reach out on the forums to share our experiences and thoughts.

Just a hint, if you want to tag others to your posts, add "@" in front of their name so they get a notification of your reply.

Also, i've just made a quick edit to your post to remove what is possibly your real name (or name in real life)? This is to protect your anonymity while using the forums.

tyme

I have no idea if I am doing this right and supposed to reply here or there is a new button I missed. Anyhow, Anonymoose here. For a long time it was long-term depression I was being treated for (dysthymia specifically) but recently diagnosed as bi-polar and ADHD. I am mainly on here to see if anyone can help with my situational problems which tie in to bi-polar/ADHD however. Look forward to chatting with you all soon!

Hi @Anonymoose @Backspin @Teddy95and welcome to the forums.  It’s late, but I just popped in for a mo on my way to bed.  Will check back with y’all tomorrow.

Just leaving a quick forum tip here for you.  If you type @ and then immediately a topic that you are looking to connect with, you will discover a link …. eg:  @OCDadhd came up as an option when I typed in ADHD.

G’night 🌙💫

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance