Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Cutri
New Contributor

PTS v.s. PTSD

May i ask what's the difference between PTS - post-traumatic stress and 
PTSD - post-traumatic stress disorder..? 

Thanks a lot

2 REPLIES 2

Re: PTS v.s. PTSD

Hi @Cutri 

Thank you for reaching out to the Forums!

To answer your question accurately it would help to know the context in which the term post-traumatic stress was used? The DSM-5 does not refer to this term and I could not find a reference to it on Google.

I wonder if it means that a person who experiences post-traumatic stress may be diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. PTSD is the name given to people who have had exposure to actual or threatened death, serious injury, or sexual violence.

I hope this helps or please reply and we can continue to discuss here!

Take care

RiverSeal 

Re: PTS v.s. PTSD

Hi @Cutri 

I just wanted to reach out to welcome you to the forums - it’s great to have you here 💜

That’s such a great question! The differences between PTS and PTSD can be really confusing 😊

I actually came across an interesting article that talks about this very thing! As such, I’ve just shared the link with you below - just in case you would like to take a look 😊

https://healthmatch.io/ptsd/pts-vs-ptsd

Also, just while I remember, one of the things that really helped me when I was new to the forums and still finding my way around, was that if you would like to chat with another forum member, or reply to one of their posts, place @ in front of their username just like I did at the start of my post to you i.e. @Cutri that way, they will receive a message that you have contacted them 😊

I hope that this helps you a little bit and I look forward to seeing you around the forums 💜

Take care,

ShiningStar 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance