Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Beth4
New Contributor

Overwhelmed

I made it to my mid thirties without any significant mental health history. I think a combination of work stress and hours has put me in a fairly dark place. And working away from home and the usual stabilisers of family, friends, husband, home etc. 
I work in healthcare and I think that is actually a massive barrier to acknowledging a problem and accessing help. For as much as it is said there is no judgement for seeking help I could almost guarantee if I rocked up to ED my job would be gone within the week. Working away from home means it's not easy to access your GP, who has zero clue that there is mental health stuff going on.  
Guess the sun always comes up tomorrow. But the nights are long. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Overwhelmed

@Beth4 

Telehealth session with your doctor to let them know what is happening for you and perhaps some holidays to address some of this stuff you have happening? 

@Beth4 sorry to hear you are going through this situation,try to find some form of emotional support,maybe ring lifeline if its particularily hard at night time just for someone to talk to till your either feeling better or maybe they can also suggest some steps that could help,is there a way you could still reach out to family when you have some free time? whatever you do please keep reaching out Heart

As someone who is going through a tough patch at the moment, I wanted to reach out and say you are not alone and although things may be tough now, they do get better. Just putting yourself out there and asking for help is the biggest hurdle. 

Stay strong.

Hi @Beth4 and @Andrew72 welcome to the forum.

Just wanted to let you know I read your posts.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance