Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Netty78
Contributor

New to Forum

Hi,

I am new to this style of discussion about mental health issues. I have Borderline Personality Disorder and live on a farm in rural NSW. We are very limited to mental health support and services, which frustrates me greatly because when I am in desperate times of need, I cannot get access to help until my scheduled appointment with my psychologist and psychiatrist. Waiting times to see a psychologist and psychiatrist in our area are terrible.

So I just wanted to talk with fellow BPD sufferers and people with mental illness as we can all relate to what we are feeling and dealing with.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: New to Forum

Hi @Netty78, welcome to the forum. Smiley Happy

I'm wondering if @outlander may be able to relate to your situation and perhaps connect you with some others on the forum who deal with BPD. She is one of our community guides and also lives in the country, with struggles to access support services.

Well wishes and welcome again. Smiley Happy

Hello @Netty78 and welcome

I also suffer from bpd and it can be tricky to manage. Its tough when thr waitlists are so long hey. Im happy to talk to you anytime.
You can also connect with support lines like sane, beyond blue or lifeline if you ever need to talk too.

@Sans911 @BlueBay might be able to offer some advice to you too

Thank you 😊

Thank you 😊 It would be great to connect to other BPD sufferers and be able to chat.

Hi @Netty78 

I have BPD diagnosed when I was in my forties 

I have issues with abandonment rejection boundaries self image etc etc 

I see a psychologist regularly.  Do you professional support? 
I'll will tag @BPDSurvivor  who has a lot of insight and information on BPD. 
happy to chat anytime xx

I see a psychologist for therapy and a psychiatrist for medication. It just feels like I am going around in circles and getting nowhere.

@Netty78

If you put an @ symbol then type a members name itll tag them for you that way they receive a notification that your talking to them.

Its great you have some support services. Have you considered speaking to the psychologist about trying other therapies rather then cbt? Im not a talker, i dont find it helpful but there are other types like DBT for example. Dbt is great for those with bpd. There are even workbooks on it as well to be able to learn some stuff yourself. I brought a book off ebay for around 15$ for DBT therapy. This could be an option for you as well.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance