Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Noo134
New Contributor

New here.

Hi there. Have just discovered this forum. Haven't really been a part of anything like this before. I'm 36, have bipolar 1, adhd amd complex trauma issues. Would be nice to chat to people who have lived experiences and not feel like such a flop.

2 REPLIES 2
hanami
Senior Contributor

Re: New here.

Hi there @Noo134 

Welcome to the forums! I'm one of the peer support workers here at Sane. I'll put a link here to come social spaces you may be interested in having a look at https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/bd-p/le-forum-0003 

I'll also tag some of our amazing members who are very good at welcoming new members. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Hanam

@Snowie @NatureLover  @jem80 @Aniela @Shaz51 @AussieRecharger @ShiningStar @outlander @HenryX @Judi9877 @Zoe7 @wellwellwellnez @Eve7 @maddison @Boo13 @pinklollipop15   @CrazyChick@Hams , @Faith-and-Hope , @BPDSurvivor 

Re: New here.

Hi @Noo134,

Welcome to the Forums. My name is FloatingFeather and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. Its great that you have found us! We have a lot of lovely people on the forums with a variety of lived experiences. 

I am a support carer for a family member who has bipolar 1 (diagnosed about 20 years ago) so I have some insight into bipolar and the rollercoaster ride that can be.

One of the good things about the forums is that many people are happy to share their experiences and offer their insights from a position of knowing. I think a lot of people find it really helpful to talk to people who have lived the same or similar experiences as each other. It's a different perspective than the way a GP, psychologist or other type of therapist may engage.

This is a link to discussions around bipolar so that you can explore those  https://saneforums.org/t5/tag/bipolar%20disorder/tg-p/category-id/lived-experience-forum. You will find other topics that may be of interest to you right at the bottom of the forums page.

On an aside, if you want to directly chat with someone on the Forums use the @ symbol and then start typing their name directly after it. A dropdown box should appear, and you then select their name. This ensures that they are notified of any posts you mention them in.

I think the easiest way to learn how the SANE website works is just to jump in and explore. If you have any questions please just post them on here and someone will get back to you soon.

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance