Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

New here and my hobbies

Hi everyone,  

I am new to this forum. My mum and I found this forum. I do almost everything with Mum. I have MDD, GAD, Autism, anger issues and I self-harm.

My hobbies are: reading (online and offline), writing songs and stories, reading fan fictions (online) and creating art. I also like: photography, making home made movies, going for walks, exercising a LOT at home (including doing at home boxing), eating healthy foods & drinks, going to the beach, and watching children's shows (sometimes shows for pre-schoolers) on TV. I like to exercise with Mum. I also like dancing like a monkey and eeeing like a monkey at times. I am an animal lover.

I try to control my urges to self harm and get angry but it is hard to do so. Most of my depression/anxiety I get comes from Covid 19, news, and emotional woes (I have no offline friends).

12 REPLIES 12

Re: New here and my hobbies

Welcome to the forums, you might find the social spaces section to be a good place to talk about your hobbies there are lots of different hobby topics there. I hope you enjoy the forums. 

gday @ModerUnicorn
Nice to meet you and welcome

Hello @Former-Member ,

Thank you for posting!

It is so good you can share so many experiences with your mum.

I know sometimes it is very hard for people to understand things the way we want, and that's why we self-harm.

Do you think you self-harm because you want people to understand what you are feeling?

I know many people who have autism. I like how they all have their own personalities and like to communicate in different ways. I can also see the strengths each person has.

What's your favourite way of communicating? Art, craft, sport, talking, typing?

I'm glad you and your mum can join us here on the forums!

From,
BPDSurvivor

Hi there @Former-Member and welcome the forums. It's great to meet you☺️! I hope you'll find the forums a great place to be and meet some great people who you can connect with. Feel free to look around the forums under the different headings like the Social Spaces area for example for discussions on hobbies, animals, photography, etc. 

I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

Take care!

Judi9877

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi,

I just finished posting about my hobbies there as well as here. Smiley Very Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi The Hams,

Nice to meet you, too. Smiley Happy

I think I will like being on here.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi Judi,

It's great to meet you, too.

I have looked around the forums and I just finished posting about my hobbies in the social space section and I posted in a forum about my mental health and Autism issues.

I think I will like being on here.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi BPD Survivor,

Smiley Happy

It is great that me and Mum are on this forum together.

I think I self-harm because I can't control my anger issues. When I feel depressed and angry over something, I only have my boxing to calm me down since I don't drink or smoke or do yoga. I can't always do my boxing and then I feel such a strong urge that I feel I have to do it. I don't think it's an issue with communicating how I feel. Afterwards, I tell my parents what I feel and what I did. They usually don't know I am doing it when I self-harm but I tell them afterward.

Since my last self harm on my thigh has left me with a HUGE bruise on me, I feel really depressed that I could have hurt myself that much. At least it has made me realise how mentally ill I am and that I still need help. I seriously doubt I will loose control that bad again after this though.

I still think that no one in my family understands properly how I feel though and they never will since they are not Autisic. That's why I am hoping to find other people like me to be friends with someday.

I think I like to talk about my feelings the most. I do love art though and expressing myself through my songs I write.

I am glad that I am here, too.

Wow @Former-Member ,

Believe it or not, I love working with people who have autism. I see so many of their strengths. Of course not everyone with ASD is the same, but I've seen some of the amazing things they can do. Sounds like art and music is your forte! Feel free to share lurics to your songs here. Sometimes, if song writing is easier for you to express yourself, then feel free to share.

For you, if boxing works, go for it! I think it's a great way to support you through challenging times. 

Being on these forums have helped me a lot in my recovery. I can connect with people and express myself in a safe and respected place - without the anxiety of having to talk to people face to face. It certainly helps me!

Please tag me to your posts by adding @ in front of my name so I get to read your post.

I was thinking of you today. Thinking about how you are. So I went through my posting history to find your thread. If you include @ in front of my name, I'll be directed to your post immediately.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Mum @Shaz51 , do you know of any creative/song writing/art threads @Former-Member can connect with?

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance