Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

sandym
Contributor

Mental Health and Psychiatric Ward

Hi there, my name is sumit. I live in Sydney. Recently I started to hear voices, for so many reasons. And I know how it started, but don't want to blame anyone. Apart from this I also have a addiction problem. For which I am already doing a program called Opioid Replacement Treatment. But because of hearing voices, I might have to go to hospital if needed. I am just worried at the moment, I am managing it with quite a okay. If I go into the hospital, and they lock me up in a seculsion ward and something. If I am having a episode, and they can't understand. Or they just do it, if I tell them. This is happening will they give me something to settle down. And not feeling the pain. As I said I have a physical pain in the body too, plus I am a upper limb amputee. What I can do in that kind of situation. I am very compliance person. I don't have a problem with following instructions. All I can bear is a pain. And as a public hospital they should have all my details. So they don't stop any of my medication. I am already taking.  Because there are so many people upset with me. They just don't like me at all. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Mental Health and Psychiatric Ward

@sandym

It sounds like you are worried about how the hospital treat you if you were admitted for psychiatric reasons. Psychiatric admissions can be scary, especially if you don't know what to expect. Can someone who knows you better - such as a mental health worker help explain why you might need an admission and what might happen - to help reassure you?

I would suggest that you gather information from your treating team (GP, or anyone you see for your mental health or addiction). They could write a letter confirming what medications you are on, including you opioid addiction program; strategies to help understand you and calm you if you are having an episode of hearing voices. Or possibly they could do some sort of formal plan, like an advanced health directive to help if you do get hospitalised. It may be useful to carry something like that with you so that you can show people if needed, as sometimes it can take a while before the hospital finds your records.

Are you getting support with to help you when you are hearing voices? Medications, counselling, peer-support (like on this forum) are all possible ways to help you manage so hopefully you can try to avoid a hospital admission. But good on you for preparing just in case it happens.

Re: Mental Health and Psychiatric Ward

Natural and manmade frequencies go against our head.

We all have to deal with it.

It's inherently against us. So when you make something out of it it's inherently against as well.

How we shape it is called the subconscious.

You are definitely not alone in this.

Everyone has to deal with it.

Learn to pierce through it.

It's good that you have started to notice it more.

It's harder to deal with but things don't have as much of a shadow over them.

*hug*

It's okay matey

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance