Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: May I speak of unpleasant things?

Thank you @chibam. Smiley Happy I'm feeling a whole lot better, but that doesn't sit well. It means that I have more of this to endure. And I simply don't know how to keep going much longer.

@chibam, Smiley Happy I couldn't help but chuckle about your magic lamp.  Thank you for that. You've really brightened my day a good bit more. I hope you're doing well. Cheers. Smiley HappyHeart

@Historylover I totally acknowledge your feelings toward what I said about finding your experience to be a point of interest - as in, I would certainly not want it to be the case that someone is only interacting with you from a place of anazlysis or study, without a care as to who you are as a living, breathing person. My apologies, I did not intend it that way. 

In my mind, each and every person is their own universe - we all have our own worlds and our own views and interests, unique perspectives and passions. I myself am someone who is fascinated by the power of the mind, and the fact is that we are so vastly unaware of the enormity of the cosmos - who are we to say what is real and what isn't? Reality is just a hallucination that the majority happens to agree on (literally, there's a fascinating TED Talk about it), that doesn't mean it is universal truth. So to learn about another person's perspective, their experience through their eyes, that is how we also learn more about our own worlds. To me this is how we can improve each others' existence through the process of sharing and connecting. 

I feel like I'm rambling a bit but I hope you know what I mean!

To get to know you would be a wonderful adventure in my books, just as I feel that anyone getting to know me would be taken for a wild ride - which in my experience is one of the wonderful parts of being open and vulnerable with others. Though, I think it's as Robin Williams' character in the film Good Will Hunting says - 'We get to choose who we let in to our weird little worlds.' You get to choose how much and which parts of yourself you share with others.

In fact I will be looking into some of the things you've shared (my sister has a diagnosis of Graves' Disease) and I really acknowledge that you have had to navigate a LOT. So thank you for sharing with us here tonight.

Thank you @wellwellwellnez, I genuinely appreciate your reply, but I only need people to talk with – genuine friends – who are as delighted to be part of my life as I am with them. I have been re-built already and am very pleased with the result. It's just that the last two years were not the ending I was expecting from all of that treatment and long-held promises. And it will take time to recover. I truly think I am past treatment to get me through this. It's all up to me now.   

Sorry to read that you were almost "accidentally committed" once. It's the wild west out there. 

Take care @wellwellwellnez. I hope you're doing fine. Sending my best wishes. And thank you.

hello @Historylover you are very welcome to share your thoughts on Forums ,its a safe space,take care and stay safe as best you canHeart

@Jynx I know you didn't mean anything trivial by your comment, but I just needed to clarify without letting it slip by. I think, too often, we do let things just slip by without clarifying some important points. Thank you for your input and best wishes. I send you mine.

Please let me know if your sister has had any of those procedures I mentioned prior to her Graves' Disease diagnosis. They give CT scans too routinely and without warning. And which patient would know which decision – to have or not have a scan – would be right anyway? We don't have any concept of consequences. I have often wondered if it is financially beneficial to hospitals to give them. Billing Medicare for needless procedures to pay for the costly scanner?  

Dear @Historylover , a lot of the discussion in this thread is over my head, but this resonated: 

@Historylover wrote:

I am suicidal daily and as he has left me unable to relate to people any more, and I have no family, I am completely alone with this.

I am so sorry to hear. Sending you wishes that things will get better very soon. 🤞

Thank you @NatureLover. It was nice to hear from you. I send you my best wishes, too.😊

@Historylover , have you ever tried 'cutting the cord' that links you and your former psychiatrist? Something like this: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-empaths-survival-guide/201707/how-cut-unhealthy-bond-som...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance