Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Kasper71
Casual Contributor

Lost

I feel so lost and devasted  ,

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Lost

Hey @Kasper71 

Welcome and thanks for posting.  Did you want to tell me more.. If not, just chuck up a post of jibberish and i will reply and let you know i am still around if you need to chat.

You also have the numbers on the side ---> over there if you need to call someone and have a chat. No judgement here. 

Kasper71
Casual Contributor

Thanks for replying @ AussieRecharger

It was my  birthday when my son decided I was no longer the perfect mother /father id been to him prior to this he was my world and I thought I his , he was forever helping me as I have severe health issues plus ptsd and anxiety, my mental health has been a problem for him even though he works in that industry as a carer ,I'm struggling to get out of bed ,I've lost all my sons in one blow as my other two boys also lived there  stayed with him , I don't understand what makes someone u love treat you so disrespectful, one min I had a family and now I'm alone ,my soul is destroyed, I'm going crazy thinking about it ,

Hi. I get the sense that you and your people have been carrrying some heavy passengers inside. This could be an opportunity but still a hill to climb. I can relate to the strain. Family crisis can pull pretty hard on the heart to say the very least.

One thing that's helped me in navigating this kind of situation is the three kinds of empathy.

Affective: The way others feeling affect our own.

Cognitive: The way we understand why people feel.

Compassionate: The way we make things easier for each other.

All valid. All important. All can get in the way of each other. All work best together.

@Kasper71 

Thanks for sharing your story.  From your story, it sounds like your use of the word help is coming across as you become dependant on your sons... When you talk about help, what is it you actually need help with and how does the help end?  

What other support services do you have, do you have brothers or sisters?  Do you have a husband and friends or do you have a support worker in the NDIS. 

When you think about your relationship with your sons, did you set any boundaries to make sure you protected your relationship with them?

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

sorry to hear that @Kasper71 hopefully you can find suppoert on here by other forum members and maybe ring lifeline or Beyound Blue for support if youd like to talk to someone in a bit more detail about whats going on for you whatever it is it sounds difficult based on the few words youve saidHeartHeart

Kasper71
Casual Contributor

Yes I was dependant on him but not in a financial way  he was my world and best friend ,I have an auto immune disease n lose weight alot so very little energy etc have severe migraines , go have an operation every 2 or 3 months just to eat , I didn't say I needed help as such im just depleted and lost ,its like grief I can't stop crying , he does want rent now for the 16 yr old of 150 per week and the 16 yr old won't come live with me or talk to me its all too much 

Hi @Kasper71 

I'm so sorry to hear the pain you are feeling right now and the loss of support from your sons Heart Carrying that pain alone can feel so heavy, and we are all here to listen.

You mentioned that your son was a big support for your physical and mental health. Do you also have other people in your life at the moment? Friends or professional supports that are by your side?

There are lots of people here who can relate to what you are going through, and I hope you find that in this community you are not alone Heart We are here for you

Kasper71
Casual Contributor

Firstly I want to say tysm for even reading my story it helps to have found this forum  , I have a couple of friends but they too have things going on in their lives  , I have a sister however she doesn't want to know or get in middle, its hard , I'm struggling with the transition  now I'm alone , I miss the kids so much my heart hurts so bad  

Hey @Kasper71 

How are you feeling today?  Thanks for replying to my questions by the way.  It sounds complicated.. 

Will you see them in the next couple of weeks?  Are they good kids with goals for the future?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance