Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Dom
New Contributor

Lost

16 years ago I lost my 3 children to a house fire ever since then my life has been a living hell for the first 2 years after the fire I drank every day from the time I woke up until I dropped drunk, my marriage of 14 years fell apart and I even tried to end my own life a few times, just recently I went and got a mental health plan done and I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, there are times I'm happy, sad ,agree and just feel nothing all in the same day, I feel so lost as my whole family don't want anything to do with me and Ive been homless since November of last year, I don't know what to do anymore

9 REPLIES 9
theposterboy
Senior Contributor

Re: Lost

Hi @Dom 

Sorry to hear things are so tough for you at the moment, and clearly have been for quite some time. What a devastating loss you have experienced. Please feel free to post your thoughts here and know that you are not alone, even if it can feel that way. I'm sure members will respond to your post to offer support soon.

If you feel you would benefit from more immediate support, or talking to someone, know that you can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or BeyondBlue 1300 224 636.

Kind regards,

theposterboy

OMG @Dom . How you have suffered 😞 I am so very sorry to hear 😞

I want to say, well done for getting the Mental Health Care Plan done...does this mean you're now seeing a counsellor? 

And I am really sorry that you're homeless...are you linked in with any homeless support agencies? 

I also want to say, welcome to the forums. I hope you find it a supportive and encouraging place. 

Hugs @Dom ,

You deserve all the care and help you can get. 

BPDSurvivor

@Dom 

Heart

So much loss of life.

Heart

The fire was a frightening way to lose so much and create reasons to fear and lack of security.

Heart

Grieving takes its own path, so be gentle with your coping mechanisms.

Heart

Such a totally devastating experience may have disturbed your thinking, leading to them giving that diagnosis, but try and and get all the support you can.  Believe you are worthy.

oceangirl
Senior Contributor

@Dom 

I am so sorry for your loss

Welcome to the forum

Hope you can get the care, support and help you need

Hugs and take care 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Dom, I'm so sorry to hear all that you've been through

It's so great to hear that you've reached out for support both for a mental health care plan, and here on the forums. I hope that your diagnosis will allow you to start receiving appropriate support Smiley Happy At least for me, a diagnosis was very helpful at the start of my mental health recovery journey. 

Have you looked much into homelessness/housing supports in your city/state? 

Wishing you all the best Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Dom, how my heart aches to hear the pain you have suffered and are still going through. Sorry that you have found yourself homeless. I hope that now you have made the decision to get a care plan going things will become easier for you. Take care @Dom 🌺💐

Dom
New Contributor

I would just like to say thankyou to everyone for there kind words and support, I have been fighting this battle for far to long and it's time I try and  end it by reaching out for help thankyou everyone

The institutions help. But communities like this can really make a difference. People, doing people things, with people attitudes on people time. It's our recovery after all.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance