Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Introduction

Thank you @HenryX  you always have such beautiful kind words, really appreciate them 😍

@HenryX wrote:

Yes, the cottage is less full of stuff and much more pleasant to live in. While I still have a lot of sorting out to do, it is not in my living space.

That's good news, @HenryX  🙂

And also good news that you have a garden space 👍

Hi @NatureLover , @Oaktree@Clawde 

Thank you for your response @NatureLover 

I am looking forward to getting the garden ship-shape. Have purchased a fig and a quince tree. They are in the bathroom which is a bit warmer and lighter than outside. The fig is trying to decide whether it is autumn or spring, but the quince has definitely decided and lost all of its leaves. Needless to say, the fact that they are in the bathroom means that they are both fairly small and they are still in pots. However, I hope that they will make a good start in the spring. Also, I have lots of seeds for vegetables and flowers. So the everything starts now, with preparation of soil and garden beds for the growing season following winter. The ground here is clay/gravel and there are salt lakes in the area. Consequently, preparation involves adding gypsum to the ground and mixing in lots of organic matter. Now have to go hunting for piles of wood chips, which are often near shire council blue-metal, road-surfacing material dumps, to add to compost and other organic material.

Cheers for now, @HenryX 

Hi  @Clawde , @NatureLover , @Meggle

Thank you @Clawde , for your observations and greetings. I think that you are aware that I enjoy your company and companionship as we travel around the forum, talking with different people in a variety of circumstances and situations.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Dear @HenryX 

I have been contemplating gardening this spring also. I was disappointed 2 years ago when all my cabbages got eaten by the white moth caterpillars. I have bought some pumpkin seeds to plant this spring. I am going to heap up the compost in the back garden and plant them into that. Then I plan to let them grow wild. Hopefully I get plenty of pumpkins. I have bought butternut, Queensland blue and J.A.P pumpkins. I also bought a packet of marigolds. I still have some other old vegetable seeds to plant. They are probably still good. I love to watch things grow! I think it’s good for the soul.

As for my last conversation with you and not knowing what I had lost till it was gone - I was talking about the studying. I feel like I got too much in my head and I freaked out. I have reapplied and I just spoke to someone who works at the university and it looks like I will be able to re-enrol for this semester. Hopefully I can be more successful this time. I really do need it in my life to give me more direction and purpose.

So nice to hear from you again!

Meggle

Hello @Oaktree 

Your situation with study is certainly something that I can understand. Speaking for myself, study always seemed to drain me. I believe that it was because I expected more, in terms of both quality and quantity, than what I thought that I was capable of producing.

The paradox now is that I write fairly freely and worry about tidying everything when I've completed the comment, response or project, either as a section or paragraphs. So now, by taking the pressure off quality, away from the draft, that part of the work seems to flow much more freely. Some may even say it overflows. I've not looked in to writing techniques, but I imagine that it may be the way professional writers work. I've heard it said that to get over "writer's block", just start writing - anything at all, just write.

It was actually back when you, @Sophia1 and a host of other members encouraged me to venture into fantasy writing or storytelling

{at this point I had to go search for the "Writing and receiving letters via virtual post" thread in which I found the following comment that I had written:

"I can say that I have been pleasantly surprised at my past few offerings. Having not previously thought of myself as a writer at all and especially in fantasy or storytelling. However, with some stimulus and a desire to contribute, I was pleased to have been able to take part in the story."}

Some of the above, I have written in the hope that you may find something that connects for you and possibly helps to open some ideas for your own study style and accomplishments.

Talk about gardening, I will leave till another time, since it is nearly midnight now and time for sleep.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Hello @HenryX 

Thank you for kind words.

It is lovely for me to know that thread helped you find your creative writing side.

Lovely to see the friendship continuing with @Oaktree hello and thank you for your kind thoughts on living with ourselves.

I tried responding tonight to many and as usual technology got the better of me. After stiffening and feeling sore; pressuring myself to remember everyone I think I past my use by time.

So I grumbled on another attempt.

Sophia 💛💛

Hello @Sophia1 

Thank you very much for your reply to my last post. I do hope that things are going ok for you. I have been aware of fluctuations that you have experienced for various reasons.

While I have not been as active over the past few months as I had been for the previous year, I remain interested in how people are going, with the wish that whatever else happens, that circumstances will improve for members here on the forum.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Hello @Oaktree 

I started off a note to you here and thought that it fitted better in the "Walking for Wellness" thread.

Have you had any word on access to studies for the coming semester?

Recently, having moved to the other cottage, I have been structuring my daily activities better. As a result, I am feeling somewhat more stable in terms of personal awareness and future projection.

A lot of sorting out in front of me, so that it is not left for others to do, down the track.

...........      "      ...........

"

The main diversion for me has been to keep track of what has been happening in the Ukraine-Russian conflict. It is not a "pretty or glamourous picture", but one of suffering and pain, both physical and emotional for many millions of people. That fear and anxiety seems to have spread throughout Europe. It is to be hoped that the conflict ends soon, definitely not at any cost, but in favour of Ukraine. If the war spreads into other countries, the fear and anxiety will have to be turned into "grit and determination" for those involved. Indeed, the Ukrainian people have shown themselves worthy of commendation and admiration for the way that they have responded to Russia's aggressive invasion.

We are fortunate to be here in Australia. However, we should not consider ourselves to be out of the range of conflict, with the movement of China into the southern Pacific region, in the South China Seas down to the Solomon Islands.

...........      "      ...........

"

How are your family? You have spoken of enjoying your son's company lately. Specifically with regard to Pokemon activities. I hope that all are well.

For Now

Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Greetings @HenryX 

It has been a little while since we have conversed. University semester two started today. I have put pen to paper and made a list of why I am studying as well as what to say to myself when my failure and unrelenting standards schema’s show up. I am hoping that with these tools this semester will go a lot smoother than the last one. Last semester I got scared and withdrew. Hopefully I can get it together and push through the stress that will inevitably show up.

How are you doing my friend? Looking forward to hearing any news you are willing to share.

with love,

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance