Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

mysticmadge
Contributor

Introduce yourself

Hi my name's Mystic Madge.

I'm just joining because a friend send me a few links because I haven't been feeling very well at the moment. 

I did one of the mindfulness activities on the smile app and it seems to be helping quite a bit.

I'm committing to 10 mins or an exercise a morning and am going to work my way through the course.

I've done a lot of yoga and meditation before but haven't been doing much because I over did it during covid. 

I had a few moments today went I felt like I was coming back into body and starting to notice little things like how worn my trackies are from washing them so much.

I'm looking for a job at the moment.

And deciding where to live next month. 

And studying online which is all feeling like a bit much in this moment. But I feel like this mindfulness and finding a mindful based therapist could really help.

I've just been feeling so disconnected from myself lately and haven't been doing any of the things I used to love to do. Like yoga and meditation, drawing and writing music that actually moves me. I feel like I've been on a psychotic auto pilot. And that's why I've been bit scared to come back to yoga and meditation.

Cool there's a space like this for people to chat and share.

Thanks for having me (: 

15 REPLIES 15
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi @mysticmadge 

Welcome to Sane.

I am interested in the Smile app. Is that one you just downloaded.

It sounds great because you said it is helping. Mindfulness is amazing. Shifting our thoughts to focus on positive things.

10 minutes or an exercise sounds great. It always amazes me when we see our Prime Ministers exercise running. I think if they can run the country and find time to exercise, surely I can too.

Sounds like have a lot happening. Job and shifting too. I hope you can find some peace in your busy schedule. Sounds like you are as busy as a Prime Minister. So much do to. I write a list each day. I mark it off as l go. Helps me prioritise.

Nice meeting you

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @mysticmadge 

When you reply, use @  And the names come up who support you.

Then they all get a notice.

You can add @mysticmadge  in the chat, at the beginning or end

Hey @mysticmadge !

A warm welcome to you. I can see that @Former-Member has already welcomed you.

Thank you for having the courage to reach out and post your first post! This isn't easy sometimes, and we acknowledge that.

By connecting with others, I hope you find it helpful to share experiences and stories as well as know that you are not alone on your journey.

It sounds like you have a lot going on at the moment in terms of studying, accomodation, feeling a bit low. 

We are here by your side 🙂 We're a pretty friendly bunch 🙂

Hi there @mysticmadge 

Just another welcome for you from me too! I'm so glad you found us. The forums are a great place to find and connect with like-minded people. There are so many amazingly supportive members here.

Keep reaching out and I look forward to seeing you around here

Warmest wishes 

Hanami

Hi @Former-Member Thanks for replying. 

Yeah it's really good I think it's helping keep focused in the mornings and having something do in the evenings when I'm about to head to bed. 

Yeah it was just online, I'll send you the link: https://www.sane.org/information-and-resources/the-sane-blog/wellbeing/what-mindfulness-app-is-right-for-you (it's the first one)

This was also good: https://www.sane.org/information-and-resources/the-sane-blog/wellbeing/what-mindfulness-app-is-right-for-you 

haha literally. I'm writing a crazy to - do list today, and trying to get my life in order again after recently going back on anti depressants. it was kind of a bit of a shit time for a while but now I'm actually starting to feel like there could be some hope. 

How's your to - do list going? 

Nice to meet you too (: 

Sorry I haven't done one of these forum things before I hope this is okay to post? Let me know if theres a better way to do it?

Hi @tyme,

hey thanks I appreciate that. It was quite hard posting for the first time and admitting things were quite bad.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I've actually just started back on some medication and am spending time with family now and I think it's helping.

Yay! Hope you're doing well too (:

Daisy

Hi @hanami,

Thanks Hanami, I will do (:

So cool that you guys run this. My friend works in support work and studied social studies at uni and like it's just really cool that you guys have all these resources out there. Good on you.

Warm wishes back (:

Just a quick update; I haven't found a job, but I've found a 2 month house sit with my parents and my aunty. And Might have a cafe job there as well / and might possibly have some temping work in the city. If I get my act together. But I've been trying to take things slowly since starting the anti depressants. and just getting myself sorted again with my goals and what I need to do.

I'm very Lucky cause I have access to a therapist and a good support network, so sending my Love and support to anyone who doesn't have access to that at the moment. Is there some kind of place we can donate to help people access free or discounted therapy ? @Former-Member @tyme @hanami

I've got on some anti depressants. Have started knitting! Which I haven't done in ages! and am staying with my family at the moment.

I sung today and it actually felt like I could sing from a place of not perfection. Like every phrase felt kind of weightless. My mantra latelys been There's beauty in imperfections. I think it's from the book: Igikai

Lots of Love <33333
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance