Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

uni_student78
New Contributor

I don’t know if I can take it anymore.

I am completely just so mentally, physically and emotionally just done with everything in my life. Everything feels so cold, lonely, isolating and hopeless that I just don't want to do anything anymore and would honestly wish not to live any longer. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I don’t know if I can take it anymore.

I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling so much @uni_student78. It is a dreadful place to be. Well done on reaching out, I have only just joined this forum and found hope and support from those who really get it. Sending you hugs my friend. 

All of us here know that feeling @uni_student78.  I am currently feeling the same.  Thinking of you.  

Thank you!

hi @uni_student78 and welcome

I can relate to how your feeling. i often struggle with life in general too.

Can i ask if you have any supports in place like a psychologist or family or friends you could talk to?
If you dont, would seeking help from professionals be something youd consider? Your gp is able to write refferrals called mental health care plan which enable you to see a psychologist and also a psychiatrist (for medications if you were interested in trying some of those). with this refferral your able to get medicare rebates so makes seeing them cheaper.

Can i ask if theres something in particular causing you to feel this way? is it the stress of work, uni, family life etc? perhaps talking here would be helpful as well.

If you under 25, a good website is called Reachout.com. they also have forums for young people most of whom are in school/uni and even if your not under 25 they have some pretty good articles on coping with different things as well.

please feel free to have a look around the forums and join in wherever you like.
Also a forum tip is to put an @ before a members name, that way they will be tagged and notified your talking to them.

Hi @Cin welcome to you as well 🙂

I know how you feel as I feel the same I've lost everything and I feel so broken and hurt as I like to help people and now most have turned there back on me as they just don't get it it like I get do sad something takes over and I breakdown and lose it then it passed and I have high happy moments. As of late my lows are extremely bad and barely keeping myself together. I hate my life and sick of hurting and being frustrated as I can't find a way out of the cycle.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance