Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Rebel
Senior Contributor

Hi im changing medication again *sigh

Hello everyone, I have Bipolar 1 and anxiety disorder. So today I met my new psychiatrist (I can't remember how many I've had over the years with the public system) who is going to manage me. I have been advised I need a medication change. I know from past medication changes  i do struggle. I am experiencing big changes at work and most likely with be finishing my work contract in 3 weeks time. Any chance for an extended contract relies on my work performance. I am so scared this med change will render me useless and if my contract ends how am I going to functionally attend interviews etc when looking for a new job if I'm a zombie and feeling crook? So I came to this forum in hope that some support during the rough times might keep me focused on the end goal... which is health and happiness 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Hi im changing medication again *sigh

Hi @Rebel 

Welcome to the SANE forums! It's great to have you here and thanks for telling the community a bit about yourself.  Sounds like you are having a rough patch and so I really hope that you are able to get through the next three weeks in okay shape. I'm sure the forum members will be able to offer you support, information and connection.

I'm the moderator on duty right now.   Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines

Take care.

Whitehawk

@Rebel  Welcome to the forums.

I was wondering if you could postpone the med change, till after your contract ends. You said that would take place in 3 weeks, so it’s not a huge amount of time. That way, you have an extended contract, while changing meds. In saying that, I know med changes are really stressful. 

I dont know if talking to your boss  is a possibility, it’s a health issue, like all others.

Just some very early morning thoughts. But yes, we are definitely here to support you through the rough times.

You might like to join others on the Good Morning  thread. It’s a nice way of meeting others on the forums.

Take care.

@Rebel  Hey Rebel I have just had yet another addition to my meds haul and am over it. Feeling like I am part of a experiement .... anyway wanted to say hi and welcome you to the forums. Love greenpeaxx

Hi Greenpea, hope all goes well with you too. Thanks for the welcome. 😊

Hi @Rebel 

Welcome to the forums.  You will find lots of support and friendly listening ears here.

Can you hold off the med change till the end of your contract?

Are you changing complete AD family groups, or changing within the same AD family group. Through my experiences, the length of the washout period and then the type of AD you are swapping to can make a difference in how I respond to the change.  And also how long I've been on ADs for before the change.

Please note, we can't mention medication names here, but type of AD is ok. Eg, SSRI, SRNI

Hi WIP, thanks for the support. I am doing a full change. I'm currently in the no medication stage and start the new meds tomorrow. This is not helping with my anxiety regarding work. I am a very positive and proactive person normally however times are very challenging at the moment

I am moving from an SSRI, an Atypical AND a mood stabiliser to a different SSRI and Atypical mood stabiliser.

Hi @Rebel Welcome to the forum

Smiley Happy

Here's to Health and Happiness.

Cin cin

Smiley Happy

Hi @Rebel 

I understand times are very challenging at the moment.  Keep trying to draw on that positivity and proactivness hi o I u know you have.

In my experience the time without medication was very tough, but then I went to a completely new AD family type which was harder.  You're staying within the SSRI group, which I believe is an advantage for you.

Hang in there and good luck with starting the new meds tomorrow. Shout out if you need to chat.

Just use the @symbol and names should drop down, for you to tag people to your post 😊

WIP

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance