Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

RedHorse
Senior Contributor

Hi, I'm New Here

Hi. I joined a couple of days ago in search of contact with others who understand what it's like to live every day with mental health issues.

Three random facts about me: (1) I live off the grid; (2) I have a horse (she's white, not red); and (3) I'm typing this on my phone. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hi, I'm New Here

Hi @RedHorse 

Welcome to the SANE forums. 

I hope you find the support you are looking for here. You will certainly find people who live with MI everyday, myself included.

I don't have a horse but do love them and had them growing up.

If you would like to tag any members just put a @ before their name just like I have for you.

How is your day going today?

Hi @Snowie
Thanks for your welcome. I've been spending time outside with my horse which is always good for my mood, so today is going pretty well. I hope the same for you.

@RedHorse I am glad that spending time with your horse helps your mood. Sounds like a great self care activity to me.

@Snowie You are right, spending time with my horse never fails to put me in a calmer, more peaceful frame of mind regardless of what else is going on with me at the time. It also gets me up and outside, which is something that I really struggle with. It's times like these that I realise just how lucky I am to have her. Thanks for the reminder. IMG_20201117_182227_856.jpg

What a beautiful photo @RedHorse 

Such a stunning animal.

I am glad you have her.

Hello again @Snowie and thankyou for your kind words on my photo and horse.

I was browsing through  the Lived Experience section and came upon a discussion you started in the "Something's Not Right" topic that inspired me to do the same and share some of my story. I hope that things settle down and improve for you. I see that you are a giver, but I offer you my unconditional support in your struggles. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to share this but I am still learning my way around. I wish you a restful sleep tonight and a fine day tomorrow. Take care.

@RedHorse I am glad you are feeling comfortable enough on here to share some of your story. 

The good thing about the forum is that there are always people willing to listen. 

I hope you have a good day today 💜 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance