Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hangar

Hello @Appleblossom,

I started a note to you last night and then the effect of medt'n took me out. So, when I am back this afternoon, after visiting friends here, I shall complete and post that note to you.

In the meantime

My Very Best Wishes to You and the People for Whom You Especially Care,

@HenryX 

Hi @HenryX  I often write short messages. So, no worries here. A short message is better than none. I hope your day is going well. 😊

Are you ok @HenryX @Appleblossom @Anastasia @Emelia8 @TAB and anyone else here? 🤗

Hi @Former-Member 🌷

No, not okay really. Lots of pain, lots of medical appointments and lots of planning. Incapable of doing much at all.

How are you going, and also your daughter?

I'm really sorry you're not going well @Emelia8 What can we talk about to distract from life's :pile_of_poo:

BE211FB8-B6F9-4066-80CB-31242C34B2EF.jpeg

CEFFC1D5-9CFC-4FFA-9749-C2E8E1144AE9.jpeg

Thanks for posting lovely distractions and asking @Former-Member 

Heart

Thanks for thinking about my circumstances and kind wishes. @HenryX 

Heart

@Emelia8 

Heart

Be nice to be soaring ...

Trying to post beautiful image but it seems beyond me atm.  

Have a good night all.

Hello @Former-Member  , @Appleblossom  , @Anastasia  , @Emelia8  , @CapnWannabe

@Mumi , Thank you very much for seeing how we all are, the beautiful flowers and the uplifting thoughts, especially for @Emelia8 at the moment. It's very pleasant to see you here and with flowers and cards too.

Went to the singing group this evening after the Topic Tuesday session. It is part of the community activity in which I participate and enjoy. At least I get out of the house for that.

@Emelia8 , I am really feeling for you at the moment, with the combination of medical appointments and planning at a time when you are probably feeling least able to deal with everything.

Unfortunately, I feel as if I am in a similar situation. I took on projects ten years ago, which to use a recent analogy, now feel like the “Albatross about my neck”. I know that to be able to even address the situation, I need to do two things; one is more exercise, the other is to reduce weight. Both of which would act positively on blood sugars – diabetes. Even knowing that, I find it difficult to get out of the house, and even to do what I need to do inside the house.

So, maybe we can both try to spur each other on. Dimity has included me in his thread on “the magic of tidying”. I think that part of the issue for me is psychological and part physical/medical. I am endeavouring to address both at the moment; with counselling for one and working at taking steady but consistent steps toward my other more tangible goals. Part of the goal is simply to reduce “possession load”. At the moment I'd be happy to live in a caravan with my computer.

Much support also for your enquiry for @Mumi and her daughter.

@Appleblossom , I still have the draft of my note to you from the other day following our discussion regarding the association of music with regard to the Albatross. Unfortunately, the unpleasantness of the curse seems often to be prominent, and yet they are a beautiful elegant bird in flight and should carry with them, far more pleasant associations.

At the moment, My computer is playing up. Just being niggardly, but sufficiently enough to have caused me to order a new one. I'll keep this one, which is 'getting on', as a reserve/backup.

I like that idea of soaring and look forward to seeing the image that I hope that you may be able to post.

@Anastasia , From your post on the “Night Time” thread, it sounds that your situation is similar to the rest of us, though each of us in varying directions and degrees. As others have said, it would be fantastic if we could do more for each other, but hopefully, our activity on the forum helps each of us in appropriate ways.

@CapnWannabe , Following the Topic Tuesday, you have, I believe, had a peek into the “Hangar”. I think the previous notes, in the thread, outline the reason for its existence. On behalf of the other members participating in the thread, and for my part, Welcome In. We hope that you will enjoy the activity and discussion here. The idea is to have a broad range of discussion that is topic and gender inclusive. There may be other descriptive references, that surface from time to time, in the spirit of camaraderie and good fun. However, if anyone wishes to discuss issues that are important and serious for them, we offer whatever we have, that we feel will be appropriate in the situation, with the dignity and respect that matches the topic being discussed and the feelings of the person concerned.

I extend, to you all, my Special Wishes and Supportive Thoughts.

I think that maybe we just pass those around to each other, in the hope that we can each include a special added sentiment, as the thoughts and wishes are passed to the next person.

With My Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

@HenryX @Appleblossom @Emelia8 @Anastasia and everyone. It's hard sleeping at times. 
Today I had some horrific news regarding someone close.  Can't say much on here. 
Have been trying to distract from the news, no luck. 

I'm looking forward to a strong coffee and raisin toast  Can't yet, don't want to wake anyone  🤗

Are you able to have a massage @Emelia8 Not the perfect answer, but it helps a little  

Heard the small planes flying by while having a massage today @HenryX 

Will try and sleep now  🥰
E35DF3A1-78DA-4AE3-AB8F-A604AD9D5125.jpeg

0EF66F70-5E9E-46EC-99AC-6E7E05E9E976.jpeg

Wedge-tailed Eagle flying Low.jpg

eagle.jpg

Somehow all the photos I tried to post were errors.  Hope you like this. Kept it Aussie. ... Always learning .... remember some kid gettig excited about them as a kid .... Wedgetail eagles.... he knew the common name.... I never knew what things were called ... probably why I studied so much.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance