Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hangar

Hi @HenryX, oh dear, my brain can't process the depth of your posts often (its me not you). I go to reply so often but just don't know where to begin or start and lose concentration 🤪 and get stressed... then forget... and come across less supportive than I'd like to be. Might have to stick to 1-3 topics for me. Just letting you know ppl care even when they may not come across that way, but sending you a big cyber hug for now at least. Have a good day today
(((((🛩️)))))

To @Dimity , @Appleblossom , @Rosemary4 , Thank you each for your contacts and observations. And, Thank you to @Emelia8 , @Faith-and-Hope , @greenpea , @Clawde and @Former-Member for your acknowledgements by support and also to others who may have read the posts and not, at this time, have been able to interact or respond in any other way.

I understand your thoughts and comments @Rosemary4 about how difficult it can sometimes be to respond to various posts, including some of mine.

As I said at the beginning of the long post that commenced this discussion,

"The following statement {and discussion} may be of interest to some, strike a chord for others, be a temporary distraction or something to which you may be able to respond."

In this way, I hope that the thoughts and observations may be of interest and value to others in a range of ways. As has been the situation, different people have responded in different ways, depending on their position, circumstances and views.

For those reasons, I express my appreciation to each of you. Thank You.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

@HenryX 

https://contrerasantonieta.medium.com/forgetting-can-be-healthy-dissociation-is-not-always-a-mental-... 

This is a related link about forgetting and dissociation and parts.

Hi and thanks for your messages @HenryX 

Unable to reply just now. Not having a good day. This will pass. 😊

Hello @Appleblossom , and others reading this thread

@Appleblossom, Thank you for the reference to the article and work of Antonieta Contreras.

https://contrerasantonieta.medium.com/forgetting-can-be-healthy-dissociation-is-not-always-a-mental-... 

The next article that I also read was:

https://contrerasantonieta.medium.com/how-dissociated-parts-are-not-the-same-as-alters-1b5fc98ed0fb

Both her writing style and content are appealing to me and I will be looking at some of her other articles as well.

With reference to my discussion of the last two days, it may seem, from one point of view or perspective, that I have reached awareness that I am deeply "bogged" and desperately need assistance to recover.

Another perspective might be, due to a number of factors, that I have simply become more fully aware and cognisant of my situation and, through that awareness and cognition, I have actually commenced the process of personal recovery from the situation that I have described. This is what I have been working toward, with the assistance of a counsellor, for the past few months. Sometimes, events seem to occur as if a switch had been used to turn on a lamp.

I believe, as alluded to in earlier posts, that a change in medication levels has probably contributed, to some degree, in precipitating and enabling this process of awareness and recovery. However, because medication levels are involved, I will continue support, in order to ensure that changes, unforeseen or possibly unrecognised by me, do not occur in a manner that is uncontrolled and, or unmonitored.

Awareness, I believe, can be enabling, but also, at times, unnerving and frightening. Recently awakened awareness and cognition, though it may be unsettling or frightening, may be a positive sign that the person, mind, I, has recovered a capacity to deal with issues that have been, until that awakening, hidden by the mind itself, as part of its own self-protective mechanism and processes.

With Best wishes

@HenryX

Oh @HenryX 

I was just joining the conversation without too many thoughts about your progress in therapy.  I see it more in terms of personal growth or as unfolding dance in life or spirituality and awareness. I have not and as much luck as you engaging with counsellors.  Maybe due to being on a shoestring and so not having sessions close together and also having a lot to get through.  I bumble along really and am glad of any insights and thoughtful company on the journey.

Hello @Herewegoround , @Molly22

and other members who may find the following information useful.

Welcome to the forum. I hope the following information will help you to actively participate in the forum discussions.

The following description for writing members into your post is given in:

Guidelines & Info under the heading "How can I include other members in my post?"

Following that, I have added a more detailed description of the process of

Posting a Comment and Replying to Another Post

and

Accessing and Responding to "Your Notifications"

"Your Notifications" are advice of those notifications, about messages that have been addressed to you, or from threads in which you have been active.

"How can I include other members in my post?

When you write a post, you can add member addresses to include other Forum members in the discussion.

1. Start a new discussion or click 'Reply' or 'Quick reply' on a post.

2. Type @ then start typing a member name you want to include:

3. In 'Reply' you'll see a list of suggested member names.

4. In 'Quick reply', you need to type the whole name.

5. Select or type the member name and you'll see it linked in your post.

6. Add more member names the same way if you like, finish your post and click 'Post'. The member will get a notification saying they've been mentioned in your post.”      {copied from Guidelines & Info}

I have added the following, more detailed guide, which I hope will be of help in using the functions of the forum. If you have any problems, just ask from wherever you are and someone will offer assistance.

Posting a Comment and Replying to Another Post

When you want to reply to a post with someone's forum address, e.g.,  @Herewegoround , @Molly22

or  @HenryX 

Forum Name  =   HenryX               Forum Address =   @ + HenryX                =  @HenryX

Forum Name  =  Herewegoround   Forum Address =   @ + Herewegoround @Herewegoround

Forum Name  =  Molly22                Forum Address =    @ + Molly22               =  @Molly22 

1. Click the REPLY oval to the bottom right of the post to which you intend replying

2. With the cursor in the REPLY box, type the "@" symbol {without quotation marks / inverted commas} This will open a drop down menu with up to five or six Forum Addresses of people who have commented in the thread in which you wish to post a REPLY

3. The @ symbol cannot be adjacent to any other letter or symbol, in front of, or behind, in order for the drop-down menu to appear       P@,J = X          P  @  ,J  =

4. Selecting a Forum Address from the list will automatically enter that Forum Address into the REPLY box. An alert to the person concerned, when the message is posted, will appear in their "Your Notifications" page-list.

5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 to include additional Forum Address entries into the REPLY box

6. Enter the comment that you wish to offer, then click POST once, and click POST again. {Two POST clicks are normally required. If the comment does not post on the second click, check above and below the reply box for Error Messages.

7. However, if you see this timeout message, Don't panic:

"Authentication Failed.

Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication."

Copy the whole of the message that you have typed into the REPLY box to your clipboard, refresh the page  {top left of browser window}, and, after the page refresh, check the message, if it remains in the REPLY box, then click POST once, and click POST again.
  8. If the message needs to be re-entered into the REPLY box, paste the copied message back into the REPLY box; complete the message and click POST once, and click POST again.
  9. You can ignore the following message, if you see it displayed below the Reply box:

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

That should complete the message process unless there are any other error messages that require attention.

Additional Notes.

{When you are copying from the REPLY box, before refreshing, I believe that forum addresses do "copy and paste" back into the same refreshed REPLY box properly, as active links.}

{The process above is what I had to do with this message because I took so long to write the message. That is when the dreaded "Authentication Failed" message most often appears}

Another way of avoiding the dreaded "Authentication Failed", when writing longer messages, is to write the message in your word processor {Microsoft Word, Apache OpenOffice Writer, etc} and then "copy and paste" the text, from the word processor document, into the REPLY box,

add the desired Forum Addresses and post.

Caution: I believe that forum addresses do not copy and paste properly from the word processor as functional links, so it is best to enter all forum addresses directly into the Reply box when using a word processor for your draft copy.

Accessing and Responding to "Your Notifications"

Toward the top right of the forum page, to the right of Guidelines & Info, is placed the word New .

1. Clicking on the word New will open your "Your Notifications" page

2. The "Your Notifications" page displays a list of notifications, addressed to you. The notification is sent when another member has entered your forum address to alert you to their message. You will also receive notification of messages, that have been posted by other members, in threads to which you have also posted, in which you have been active or have subscribed to the thread.

3. In the "Your Notifications" page, Left click on the link, which will be displayed like this;

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hangar " {with the prefix "Re:" but without quotation marks / inverted commas} A Left click on the link will open the link and the included message in the same browser TAB as the "Your Notifications" browser TAB, or

4. Right click on the displayed link and Left click on the "Open Link in New Tab", at the top of the drop-down banner, to open the link and message in a new browser TAB
  5. If there are a number of message alerts, I find it easier to open two or three of them, at a time, in new browser TABs

If you have any other questions, to which you would like answers or guidance, you are welcome to post them here, or in the thread in which you are active and another member or I will be happy to offer assistance.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX

Amazing, and as comprehensive, as always @HenryX. You're a 🌟

Hi @HenryX 

I’m so glad to hear that you have someone you feel comfortable with, to help you through the issues that are bothering you. 
Sorry I’m always short in my responses. Some days are more difficult than others. 

Hello @Former-Member ,

Thank you for your note and support, particularly with respect to assistance, through counselling, that I have available to me and for which I am very appreciative.

Pleased to hear from you and glad that you are able to let us know that you are ok, even though some times are more difficult than others. I think, that in various ways, we all share those feelings that arise from our situations in one way or another.

I believe, that with "supports", I am able to let you know that I am aware, from time to time, of your contact on the forum. I am pleased, as I am sure others are also, when you write a note, sometimes to say "Hi", or offer a comment. I also notice flowers left for different people occasionally, often, I believe, when they may be most appreciated, which is also a statement about how observant and empathic you are.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance