Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hanger

Hey @HenryX ... I just taxi-ed to a halt in your new hangar. What a great idea!

Hi to other visitors @Clawde @Appleblossom @Former-Member @Anastasia  @Historylover @Eve7 

@TAB ^^^^^^

🐱

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hangar

Hi @Appleblossom  – Please don't be concerned about “roomy”, that's why I added the smiley face and I actually had thought of the “hangar” as a good place for entertaining when I was setting up the thread. I like the idea of space for people to mix and move around without tripping over each other.

During the time in Brisbane, that I have been describing, I remember going over an aircraft carrier. I don't remember much detail, being about 5 at the time, except that everything looked cavernous.

It really is amazing when we talk about past experiences and times in our lives, how much each of us has in common with others. “Six degrees of separation.”?

I really appreciate your visit, @Appleblossom , and enjoy your company round the forum. Thank you.

..........    "   ..........

"

Hi @Clawde  – You are always very kind, Thank you very much. As I've mentioned before, I very much appreciate your company with your “support”s and occasional comments. It's so pleasant and reassuring to know that you are there. You have also helped me out a number of times.

I believe that you are asking me to invite your friends to the “hangar”. If I am correct, I would be happy to do so.

Thank you for visiting the “hangar” @Clawde 

..........   "   ..........

"

Hi @Emelia8  – Thank you for visiting the “hangar” Emelia8. I'm pleased with your connection to the theme, re taxi-ing in. I'm also enjoying your company out on the forum. Your distinctive avatar is a favourite.

It's great to know that people like the “hangar” idea. I've been trying to think of something like a “home” for a while.

Looking forward to catching up more here and in the forum @Emelia8 

..........   "   ..........

"

With Best Wishes to All

@HenryX 

Hello @Clawde 

Clawde, I think that you may be asking me to give your friends the details about the topic:

How to help someone going through mania  . I checked the page that you had referred to and wanted to come back to you to make sure that I had understood correctly.

I can use your profile to connect members for you. If that is ok with you I would be pleased to assist.

Best Wishes

@HenryX 

..hangar.. @HenryX 😸

Hi! @HenryX Thankyou for your kind messages. 
I hope today is going well for you. 
I also have lived in Melbourne and Brisbane. Lived a few years overseas. Have been in my current town since the 80's. So many changes, from a quiet town to super busy. I miss the quietness. It's a tourist place and very popular. 
Hi, to you too, @Emelia8 
Hoping your struggles are getting easier. 
I haven't read up on updates around the forum, so I'm not sure how you're going? Are you ok?

B7B3E957-9488-4E8F-9F39-9C61E668899B.jpeg

One of the local beaches. ❤️

Hi @HenryX 

I am going to borrow the hangar to throw an elegant party for all the forumites. There will be tables covered in white tablecloths, chairs, plenty of flowers and large decorations as well as a ton of food and drinks. Looking forward to getting to know the hangar gang better. 

Meggle

Hello @Former-Member

Thank you for your note earlier today. I arrived home a little while ago from a trip to Geraldton for 2nd cov-vaccination. Geraldton is a two hour drive each way and I usually put a few errands together to make it worthwhile. Now I am just catching up with the “latest” and responding to messages.

"

Sounds like you have been around also. I haven't lived overseas. Quite a way back, I did travel and was fortunate to have seen quite a few countries and cities in England and Europe. That was supposed to have been a reconnaissance trip, but life issues got in the way and I have not been out of Australia since.

"

I had planned to do a course with an Australian based provider in Cambodia. The course is teaching English as a 2nd language {TESOL}. Had all the required and recommended vaccinations, then covid stepped in and changed the world. I may still be able to do the course online.

"

Where I live, the population is less than a thousand people and only gets busy in the wildflower season which is just about finished. Unfortunately, no lovely beaches. I did live in Geraldton for 20 years before moving “outback”. There are about 20 towns in the region that get a financial stimulus from “Wildflower Tourism” I can understand you missing the quietness.

"

I am pleased that your question that, in turn, stimulated my setting up of this thread has been so well received. It is really pleasant to know that other members have responded so favourably and pleasantly to the idea. There must be a quiet corner in the “hanger” for a chat though. But If you would like to set up your own thread, I am happy to assist. You would be aware, from my comments in earlier posts, that privacy is afforded as a courtesy on this forum, and generally respected. While some threads are more private than others, all threads are open to anyone. You can gauge, from what people discuss, that as long as identity is protected by the provisions supporting anonymity in the Guidelines & Info and general good sense and civility, then people do discuss a broad range of issues.

"

I like your photograph of one of the local beaches. Our beaches, in W.A., cop a fair beating from the wind, Southerleys and Sou-Westerleys, so anywhere unprotected by sand dunes or walls gets pretty well pounded. It is great for wind surfers and does make for great surfing waves. Neither of those activities are ones in which I have been more than a spectator. I used to go free-diving (snorkel, mask and flippers) That is something I could still enjoy.

I like the idea of the grassed areas right down to near the water. Reminds me of areas like Bateman's Bay, Nowra and Eden.

"

Look forward to 'talking' with you @Mumi

"

With Best Wishes

@HenryX

@HenryX 

Free diving sounds fun. Unfortunately as a youngster I had a bad experience whilst trying out a mask and snorkel. My ratbag older brother came and stuck his finger in the end of the snorkel and I came up coughing and sputtering. Truly a terrifying experience and I have never tried it again.

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance