Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hangar

Hello  @Former-Member 

"

I thought I would edit into this message, an expression that I like and that is probably pertinent:

"The only silly question is the one not asked"

Of course, what I am really saying is, please ask any question that you wish. If asking a question assists in allowing someone to know me a little better {to the limit available on the forum} then the question and its answer helps you or anyone else to feel more or less comfortable with the other person, me in this case, and is therefore relevant and pertinent. If there is some specific information that helps reach the level of understanding desired, please feel free to ask.

"

I am pleased that you have asked about the other activities in which I am involved and participate. Much of my time is actually on the computer, quite a bit of time on the forum.

{possibly too much time on the computer and not enough outdoors activity}

"

The following two paragraphs are an extract that I wrote for a Community Guide Online Event a little while ago so I may repeat some thoughts.

"I spend a good deal of time on the forums, often just acknowledging that I have read posts with "support"s. My writing and content style is different from many, however, I hope that it fits into the overall picture and offers the mutual and reciprocal support with activity on the forum through which some others and I benefit.

"

"I involve myself in other community activities such as our very small local RSL sub-branch, singing a couple of times a week, one of which is at the local residential aged care community, church activities and I am planning to add more exercise into the mix. In these ways I have a balance of demands and rewards."

"

As I've mentioned in other posts, I am aware that I need to get out for more exercise. I enjoy bicycle riding and swimming. The local pool is just across the road, so I intend getting a season ticket and getting over there in the morning to start the day. When I was a lot younger, I had no reservations about going to the pool or the beach, however, I am a little more reserved and hesitant now.

"

Living in a small country town, in what is referred to as the Mid-West of Western Australia, there are plenty of roads with little traffic, so cycling is relatively safe. Walking is more difficult for me, because of what is referred to as stenosis or narrowing of the internal spinal column which has the effect of restricting and putting pressure on the nerve pathways. This mainly affects balance because of reduced sensation in the feet and lower legs. I've had 3 spinal fusion and laminectomy operations to address this problem, that I think have been successful. The operations have really allowed me to retain independent mobility. I use a staff for stability and balance.

"

I am retired but may look for some driving work during the harvest season here. While a lot of my work-life has been in offices, as an employment officer, connecting other people seeking employment with positions, I have had a range of other jobs including brickies labouring, waiter in hospitality, truck driving - still have what is referred to here as a multi-combination (road-train) licence, school bus and taxi driving, and I have a motor cycle driving/riding licence.

"

A few years ago I purchased a truck and skid-steer loader for the demolition of a house that was an insurance write off, due to termites through the frame. I am in the process of completing that project.

"

Recently, I have revived my interest in classical and the Celtic styles of music, though I enjoy a fairly wide range of music styles.

"

Thank you for asking about my activities during the day. Responding to your question gives me the opportunity to present a little of myself, so that you and other people know at least something about the person with whom they are speaking.

Responding to your enquiry, about a thread of my own, has also given me the opportunity to offer the information, memories and reflections that are also, now part of this thread and available for anyone who wishes to know a little more about me, my interests and activities. That detail may be the same as or add to what I have offered to other people in conversations that I have described as being retained in my profile.

"

With My Thanks and Best Wishes, @Former-Member 

@HenryX

Re: Henry's Landing Strip Thats

That's really good you're being active

@Anastasia 

Hi, Just a little adjustment to the thread title

Cheers HenryX

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hanger

Thanks for your reply @HenryX 3am here and way too tired to reply. But I do appreciate your message. Thanks 😊

Hi @Former-Member 

Yes 3 am is not a good time for responding to messages. I hope that the reason for you being up was something neutral or positive such as needing a glass of water.

There is never any time pressure to respond. Thanks for letting me know that you were aware of the post. Hope today is good for you.

Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Hey @HenryX 

Love this thread.

Being a Biggles fan from way back ..lol ..

France not TocumwalFrance not Tocumwal

Had a wonderful weekend once flying these, only as trainee.  Still a good memory.

Glad you have a roomy and fitting home at the forum Dear Henry.

Apple

Hi @Appleblossom , @Former-Member , @Anastasia , @Eve7 , @Historylover 

That is a beautiful scene, @Appleblossom  with the glider, mountainous countryside, village and roads and bridges below. I'd imagine good thermals for lift in that region. The picture gives the feeling of soaring, almost silently, over the ground below. Your experience, that weekend in the glider would, I imagine, have been similar to my own during flight training.

Biggles was certainly an adventurous character, the source of dreams imagined for many young people.

Thank you for the lovely comment on the "hangar" and also the reference to "needing lots of room".😊 A reflection, possibly, on many of my posts, which was in mind when I was thinking of a name. Primarily, the name reflects my interest in flying, which can only remain an interest unless I win Lotto. Also, other interests that I have in mechanical work, and welcoming people in to a very informal and easy going environment, though retaining a level of respect for each other and the environment in which they are standing. Although imaginary, care and caution around items like planes that, while they are strong are, in many respects, delicate. That also represents, in reverse, a reflection on how many of us feel and exist, and the care and attention that we need at various times and stages in our lives.

Thank you @Appleblossom 

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Oooh @HenryX 

Dont read too m uch into the roomy word.  Hangars are usually huge. Thats all.

Also I spent a bit of time at Garden Island Sydney Cove wondering over ships with my father ex Navy. We have lots in common.

All Good.

Apple

@HenryX  an asset to this website keeps me staying  on love your input Henry your an asset your brains are not are superior to the walk of the talk . You care and are so kind you understand the most vulnerable people in Australia you are careful and we'll manned every step of the way, you are kind and nice to us, you are thoughtful 🤔 you follow up with all of us when we go quite , you look out for us when we don't engage, you never ignore the the most simple touch, you Henry are a slawart my hero through this @HenryX TAb Henry can you please god include all my friends  there are are about 20 of them I don't know how to include every one How to help someone going through mania @HenryX 

Tab
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance